Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Football : Season 2009/2010

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Football : Season 2009/2010

Old 02-02-2010, 15:11   #1576
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Football : Season 2009/2010

Keane will be a first choice striker at Celtic surely?
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2010, 15:34   #1577
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbiatch View Post
Yes, I thought that this morning too when I heard that
It's not unusual for boys from Eire to have 2 favourite teams, usually Celtic and an English team.

---------- Post added at 15:34 ---------- Previous post was at 15:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek S View Post
Hopefully the same end result after 6 months.

Does seem like a bit of a panic buy to me. Gambling a huge amount of money (Scottish football wise anything over 50p is big money right now) on a third choice striker to try and overturn a 10 point and 20 goal deficit.
I think it's a good bit of business. Getting £3.5 million for McDonald was a great bit of business and Keane will help fill the stadium for the next few months. IF he helps overturn the 10 point gap and 'tic get direct entry to Champs league then it's more than paid for.... and although he's 3rd choice at Spurs I think you'd agree that he's superior to anything else Celtic have to offer just now.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 15:46   #1578
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRoad View Post
IF he helps overturn the 10 point gap and 'tic get direct entry to Champs league then it's more than paid for.... and although he's 3rd choice at Spurs I think you'd agree that he's superior to anything else Celtic have to offer just now.
Well now skippy has been punted the only person ahead of him is Samaras who would struggle to hit the rear end of a cow with a banjo.

Still I have my fingers crossed his debut tonight is the same as the last Keane to play for Celtic after being hailed a saviour when he signed.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 21:30   #1579
Derek
Inactive

Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

I dunno I am quite worried. I mean with Celtics new 65k a week signing plus Monkeyheids new regime Celtic will easily win their game in hand against Kilmarnock and the gap will be down to 7 points.

Hold on a sec...

Quote:
Kilmarnock won their first match in nine league outings with a fine performance against Celtic.
Ho ho ho.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:43   #1580
Derek
Inactive

A small slip of the tongue during a post match interview.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8494702.stm
Old 03-02-2010, 09:27   #1581
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

great win for Palace last night. Never thought I was see the day when Butterfield got a hattrick
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 23:12   #1582
yesman

Well done Spurs in eliminating Leeds

I don't care who wins the cup as long as Leeds are no longer competing
Old 04-02-2010, 22:20   #1583
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post

To right I am beating him up over this, he is bang out of order imo
From another site..

Quote:
Being Nice Costs You Nothing...
January 20: Sol Campbell announces intention to sue Portsmouth for £1.7million apparently owed to him in 'image rights and bonus payments'.

February 4: David James waives his right to a year contract extension at Portsmouth, that would automatically be triggered should he play 25 games this season, saying: "Without being funny, I'm not the richest man in the world but if there is a financial burden that the club can't suffer, then why should I be taking the mickey?"
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 19:29   #1584
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Way to go Fabio, replace a philanderer with a thug/drug cheat.

So being a role model was not the reason for change then.....

Rooney would have been a better choice, esp as he is in top form and behaving himself.
Old 05-02-2010, 19:35   #1585
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Making Rooney captain would have been one of the worst things he could have done. Why put extra pressure on someone that young in the form of his life? He already has a huge amount of expectation riding on his shoulders, he doesn't need anymore imo. Ferdinand was the best choice out of the players in the current squad.
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 21:49   #1586
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I think the way Copello and FA have dealt with this whole affair has been a disgrace to football.

What Terry has done, has not only betrayed a friend, but also caused embarrasement for the English game, and it has been known that he has ******* more than one footballers wife.

He gets more money, than a normal guy can dream of, and he treats the fans like a piece of crap by doing this. NOT only should he have lost the captaincy, he should have lost his spot in the world cup squad, to teach him a lesson.

He is the ambassador for the game, and he does this, this might be his private life, but he should have kept todger in his trousers.

I can't wait for Bridge to play at the Bridge, and for him to go and smack Terry in the face in front of the camera's, that will teach the ******* a lesson. He has got off lightly only becasue the authorities are too damn soft. pampered kids.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 21:59   #1587
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Forgot your medication again Arthur?
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 22:12   #1588
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Yes, its called Chelsea, l cannot stand them, bucnh of cheats especially Drogba, he should get an Oscar for Diving, and Terry for consistently badgering the ref, everytime the ref makes a decision against Chelsea the famous three Terry, Drogba and Cole badger the ref.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 23:29   #1589
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

OK.

So Terry is a disgrace and you want Bridge to walk over to Terry and punch him in the face in front of the worldwide cameras.

And that will reverse the "embarrasement" [sic] the english game has suffered with Terry?

And you're sure about that?
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 23:33   #1590
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Sorry Punky! Gonna have to agree with him here. I suggest we punish Chelsea by forcing ANY member of their team who is known to have been cheating, speeding, diving, lying, or anything else I deem to be UNACCEPTABLE to be banned for exactly one game starting from now.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote