Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 15-04-2011, 08:33   #1546
kanedx
cf.member

kanedx is on a distinguished roadkanedx is on a distinguished road
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

I'm still waiting on mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Is there anyone else who is still waiting for their offer email (who pre-reg'd) ?

---------- Post added at 08:31 ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 ----------

1. I don't think so.

2. SP has answered this one

3. Just to clarify, what additional cost are you talking about? Monthly or one-off?
Advertisement
Old 15-04-2011, 08:58   #1547
AlabasterLyn
cf.addict

AlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about them

As I was still waiting to get an installation date I phoned the TIVO team again this morning and was passed over to someone in Sales who has given me Tuesday 19th April for installation. I am having our existing V+ box moved to replace our standard box, so that will just mean an extra £3 a month I think, plus the price of the TIVO box of course.

The Sales team tried to sell me some extra phone deal and also a mobile phone at the same time, I do hate it when they do that.

I just hope the installation date is right as you don't seem to get a confirmation email, so just relying on the details given to me over the phone.
Old 15-04-2011, 09:10   #1548
whoareyou
Inactive

Services: V+. Tivo (soon). BB XL.
whoareyou is on a distinguished roadwhoareyou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabasterLyn View Post
As I was still waiting to get an installation date I phoned the TIVO team again this morning and was passed over to someone in Sales who has given me Tuesday 19th April for installation. I am having our existing V+ box moved to replace our standard box, so that will just mean an extra £3 a month I think, plus the price of the TIVO box of course.

The Sales team tried to sell me some extra phone deal and also a mobile phone at the same time, I do hate it when they do that.

I just hope the installation date is right as you don't seem to get a confirmation email, so just relying on the details given to me over the phone.
Think ill be calling this morn, how do you get through to the sales team? Im calling from an outside line, not the Virgin phone.
Old 15-04-2011, 09:13   #1549
AlabasterLyn
cf.addict

AlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoareyou View Post
Think ill be calling this morn, how do you get through to the sales team? Im calling from an outside line, not the Virgin phone.
I phoned 0800 0522184 which I believe is the TIVO team phone number. They put me through to Sales from there
Old 15-04-2011, 09:18   #1550
whoareyou
Inactive

Services: V+. Tivo (soon). BB XL.
whoareyou is on a distinguished roadwhoareyou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I phoned 0800 0522184 which I believe is the TIVO team phone number. They put me through to Sales from there
Thanks
Old 15-04-2011, 09:22   #1551
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

I'm due to have my Tivo installed this morning but so far no phone call from the installer.
Old 15-04-2011, 09:24   #1552
AlabasterLyn
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
I'm due to have my Tivo installed this morning but so far no phone call from the installer.
Well I hope they turn up, will be interesting to know how long it takes for them to do an install
Old 15-04-2011, 09:26   #1553
PsyCrow
Inactive

PsyCrow is on a distinguished roadPsyCrow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Is there anyone else who is still waiting for their offer email (who pre-reg'd) ?
I haven't revived an offer email and pre-reg'd.
Old 15-04-2011, 09:32   #1554
VirginMediaPhil
cf.addict

Services: 2x TiVo
VirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud of

Quote:
Yes, me.
Old 15-04-2011, 09:34   #1555
spj20016
cf.addict

Services: Virgin media VIP
spj20016 is just really nicespj20016 is just really nicespj20016 is just really nicespj20016 is just really nicespj20016 is just really nicespj20016 is just really nice

Phoned Tivo CS this morning, I have now had my installation moved from mid May to Tues 19th April. Now even happier. Thanks VM.
Old 15-04-2011, 09:37   #1556
AlabasterLyn
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spj20016 View Post
Phoned Tivo CS this morning, I have now had my installation moved from mid May to Tues 19th April. Now even happier. Thanks VM.
Mine is on that date too, I hope they aren't booking all the installations for that day, can you imagine it
Old 15-04-2011, 09:40   #1557
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Well I hope they turn up, will be interesting to know how long it takes for them to do an install
I will post as soon as they are finished. Of course with all the confusion surrounding the whole Tivo thing I have convinced myself that they will not turn up.

Silly really!
Old 15-04-2011, 09:43   #1558
Chase
Inactive

Services: V+/20 Meg/XL TV
Chase is on a distinguished roadChase is on a distinguished road

I've pre-reg'd and no received e-mail. Just spoken to Sales who say I can't order until 18th unless I've had the e-mail
Old 15-04-2011, 09:46   #1559
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
I will post as soon as they are finished. Of course with all the confusion surrounding the whole Tivo thing I have convinced myself that they will not turn up.

Silly really!
You will be OK they will show up and stop fretting mate. The installation should only take about a hour and the main part of that is the download of the data!
Old 15-04-2011, 09:47   #1560
beardsley
Inactive

beardsley will become famous soon enoughbeardsley will become famous soon enoughbeardsley will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Is there anyone else who is still waiting for their offer email (who pre-reg'd) ?[COLOR="Silver"]
I am a TiVo Series 1 owner and pre-registered way back, but have heared nothing since the "Did we say Dean" email.

I will try to phone today.
Closed Thread