Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Football Talk 2006/2007 Season

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Football Talk 2006/2007 Season
Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 22:04   #1531
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Re: Football Talk 2006/2007 Season

More trouble in Italian football -

Quote:
The Italian Football Federation (FIGC) has called off all this weekend's Serie A and Serie B games after a policeman was killed at a match on Friday.
Link

Not good
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2007, 12:20   #1532
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
More trouble in Italian football -

Link

Not good
Not good at all wonder if uefa will come down hard on Italian football now like thay do with everyone els
PS
sorry for beating you lot today yesman !
Old 03-02-2007, 12:27   #1533
yesman

Quote:
MICHAEL Carrick has beefed up his act and United's £18m recruit from Spurs is a `pass master' in Sir Alex Ferguson's eyes.
The 25-year-old England midfielder returns to play at White Hart Lane tomorrow for the first time since his summer switch from Tottenham to Old Trafford.
"Michael has been terrific. He is improving. He is getting stronger too," says the Reds' boss.
No doubt he will get a great reception

MEN

Old 03-02-2007, 12:47   #1534
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

terrible news in Italy.. all the matches are off as are the international matches in the week

there was loads of trouble the weekend before as well

i've seen it when i've been to the Utd v Liverpool match the hatred some of these people have just because you support a different team or come from a different city is never a good site to see
Old 03-02-2007, 18:36   #1535
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer View Post
i've seen it when i've been to the Utd v Liverpool match the hatred some of these people have just because you support a different team or come from a different city is never a good site to see
I too have seen scenes like this but to be honest in this country it's nowhere near what happens in Itlay, i very rarely see any actual violence before, during or after matches where as in Itlay it seems to happen very often. In this country though it does seem to come alot from the set of fans of one team in particular who seem to have bitter rivalry's with many different teams.
Old 03-02-2007, 19:05   #1536
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc View Post
top of the league... and having a laugh

You said it.

http://tinyurl.com/yrm7k3

Old 04-02-2007, 19:36   #1537
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Good win for United today - Link

Had a good laugh at O'Shea going in goal for the last ten minutes and Spurs still not being able to score
Old 04-02-2007, 21:27   #1538
yesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
Good win for United today - Link
I thought the score flattered United a bit, especially after the first half performance, when Spurs came out of the blocks quickly and dominated the play for about 20 minutes or so.
Not sure about our penalty either, but I suppose it made up for the one that was not given.
In the end I think United deserved the win as Spurs did not look like scoring, even when they were dominant, maybe that says something about their forward line that they started with.

Nice to see the goal difference is now at seventeen over Chelsea, which could be the overriding factor come May if current form continues until then, plus the advantage of six points of course

Oh, and I thought the ref was abysmal 2/10

Old 04-02-2007, 21:44   #1539
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman View Post
Nice to see the goal difference is now at seventeen over Chelsea, which could be the overriding factor come May if current form continues until then, plus the advantage of six points of course

Oh, and I thought the ref was abysmal 2/10
I agree, with such a big goal difference the gap is basically seven points. At the moment it doesn't look like anything is going to stop United and I think it will come down to whether Chelsea can go on a winning streak for the rest of the season, i think it may come down to the match at Stamford Bridge, if United can get a draw there i think they will win the league, if Chelsea win it's going to be very close.

Personally i would give the ref 1/10, i don't think i have seen such bad decisions in a top flight match for a long time. How Larsson got booked and Scholes didn't i don't know and the penalty decisons were just as bad.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:05   #1540
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

even though we won it was never a pen and that turned the game.. Ronaldo wasn't touched at all and although some will say this evens up with the other decission i don't agree with that and think there is never any need for diving at all

one thing the refs never seem to pick up.. what the Smith leg break or the Cisse one or VDS yesterday and when they got injured they never rolled about from left to right screaming in pain.. in fact at no point in society have I ever seen that not even in a hospital.. it seems that only refs and linesmen believe this to be a normal reaction
Old 05-02-2007, 17:23   #1541
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_drinks_alot View Post
Not good at all wonder if uefa will come down hard on Italian football now like thay do with everyone els
PS
sorry for beating you lot today yesman !
I see uefa are still not doing or saying nothing about the situation in Italian football If that was anywhere els there would have been threats of bans and Fines by now.
Old 05-02-2007, 23:11   #1542
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
Well, that lasted a long time didn't it...

Old 06-02-2007, 10:08   #1543
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc View Post
Well, that lasted a long time didn't it...
Back up there tomorrow if we beat Blackpool.

Jim.
Old 06-02-2007, 13:00   #1544
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

A hearts supporting Radio presenter hears that his team has just lost to Dunfermline (spit, spit) in the last minute of a Scottish cup match at the weekend.

http://media.putfile.com/My-Heart-was-broken
Old 06-02-2007, 13:24   #1545
sherer
Inactive

liverpool have been taken over by some US guys

another club in foreign hands
Closed Thread