Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | WL-500G Wireless Access Point Router

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

WL-500G Wireless Access Point Router

Old 12-04-2006, 00:10   #1
progger
Inactive

progger is an unknown quantity at this point
Question WL-500G Wireless Access Point Router

Hi, I have read the sticky and a load of other posts on here but can not find this router anywhere and would like to know if it would work with NTL connection?
Im thinking about buying a WL-500G Wireless Access Point Router as I am buying an asus notebook and this will be cheap if bought together. . I know and ADSL modem one will be no good but what about this one? I have set a few ADSL routers up however these have all had in-built modems, am I right in thinking that ill still use my cable modem but it will be pluged into the router not my PC?
TIA
Progger
progger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-04-2006, 12:26   #2
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: WL-500G Wireless Access Point Router

It looks like it should be OK, but I can find very little detailed information, even on the Asus site.

I expect it should be setup very much like any other router:
modem <> ethernet <> router WAN port
then
Router LAN ports <> ethernet wired <> PC(s)
and / or
Router <> wireless <> PC(s)

Remember to power off the modem when connecting up the router and to disconnect any USB connections the modem may have had. It can be easier to setup the router first of all usinng a wired connection before then moving to wireless.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 23:33   #3
progger
Inactive

progger is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: WL-500G Wireless Access Point Router

Thanks for your reply, I will soon be purchasing the package and will post back here if there is anything I come across that other members may need to know about this model

Progger
progger is offline   Reply With Quote