Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Router Problem: Can't connect to F-16 MRF

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] Router Problem: Can't connect to F-16 MRF

Old 12-03-2006, 16:06   #1
drjay04
Inactive

drjay04 is an unknown quantity at this point
[Merged] Router Problem: Can't connect to F-16 MRF

I cant connect to Novalogics F-16 MRF servers! im guessing i just need to open the ports for it??? Im using a link sys router model BEFSK41. Basicly I dont know what ports to open or how to open them, could someone please help? cheers

Jason
drjay04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2006, 16:13   #2
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Re: Router Problem

Are you getting an error message when trying to connect?
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 16:48   #3
drjay04
Inactive

It just says "finding sessions.." and dosnt find any
Old 12-03-2006, 17:51   #4
Paul K
Inactive

Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Is the game fully patched? Normally these games come with manuals or help files that will tell you the port numbers. Try looking in there for further information about the ports in use if not we can try to help you find what ports are being opened.
What operating system are you running?
Old 12-03-2006, 17:56   #5
drjay04
Inactive

Im using windows ME, ill try n find out the ports i need and get back to you?
Old 12-03-2006, 18:08   #6
Paul K
Inactive

If they are not listed we may be able to find them another way. Let us know if you can't find anything in the manual.

---------- Post added at 18:08 ---------- Previous post was at 18:01 ----------

You could register here and ask for help with the ports. Are you sure you do not have a firewall of any kind? Normally they sit in the task bar next to the clock (hold your mouse cursor over the icons and it will tell you what they are sometimes).
Old 12-03-2006, 18:16   #7
drjay04
Inactive

I dont have a firewall installed at all of any kind... but i asked for the ports on an f-16 message board 4533 i have no idea what to do next! help lol
Old 12-03-2006, 18:25   #8
Paul K
Inactive

Can you browse to http://198.162.1.1 ?
If you have changed nothing then the user name is
admin
and the password is
admin
Can you get into the config pages? (PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING HERE UNTIL YOU POST BACK!!!!)
Old 12-03-2006, 18:30   #9
drjay04
Inactive

Yea iv been into http://198.162.1.1 I go to the Advanced Tab, go to Forwarding i see my service port range which is 4533~4660 and my IP 192.168.1.100?? am i on the right page?
Old 12-03-2006, 18:32   #10
Paul K
Inactive

Yep that is where you would forward the port necessary for the game to work. Is your UPnP enabled on the router?
I'm suprised that the person over at Novaworld who gave you the port number couldn't help you set your router up
Old 12-03-2006, 18:37   #11
drjay04
Inactive

uPnP?? I dont know how I would forward the port though? Can i attatch a screenshot of my Port Forwarding screen? the person on the IBS forum is just a member of a squadron probably foreign lol. I will try there if all else fails.
Old 17-03-2006, 14:59   #12
drjay04
Inactive

Help please

I previously posted on this board and am still in need of help.

Basicly I cant connect to F-16 MRF online unless i take my Cable modem out of the router, and plug it directly into my pc (that way my router cant block it connecting but only 1 pc can use the internet) but i want 2 pc's to be able to connect to the game at the same time. I have tried messing with my router and iv had no luck, can anyone advise a solution to this problem? help plz
Old 17-03-2006, 15:09   #13
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: [Merged] Router Problem: Can't connect to F-16 MRF

Please don't post multiple threads relating to the same issue.

Merged
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote