Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Which ADSL Router will work with AOL

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Which ADSL Router will work with AOL

Old 05-02-2006, 16:57   #1
Enuff

Which ADSL Router will work with AOL

Hi all, someone I know needs to buy an ADSL wireless router, they have a BT phone line but their ISP is AOHELL, is there anybody who can advise me which router is best, as I have read that some dont work with AOHELL it needs to be a wireless router and her budget is around the £60 mark. Any help/advice would be much appreciated. does anybody here have the same setup as her? if so, did the installation go to plan?

Thnx
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2006, 17:08   #2
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Re: Which ADSL Router will work with AOL

http://www.aol.co.uk/broadband/networking.html
If this is out of date then blame AOL lol
Quote:
AOL currently support only the SpeedTouch 510, 570 and 545 routers from the Thomson range, however we are working to increase our list of supported products in 2004.
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 17:26   #3
Enuff

Thnx paul, but most of the links on that site are broke. wish she had cable
Old 05-02-2006, 17:47   #4
Paul K
Inactive

Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

What links? The routers named are the ones supported as far as AOL UK are concerned.
Old 05-02-2006, 18:02   #5
Enuff

my apologies, I was looking elsewhere.
Old 05-02-2006, 18:13   #6
Paul K
Inactive

I'll have another google later to see if anything else is compatible but for now it's probably easier to use a router that they explicitly state is compatible.
Old 05-02-2006, 18:31   #7
Enuff

ye, I've also just found out that if she upgrades to the platinum service, she will get a free router. But I think she'd be better off leaving AOL (a job in itself!) and signing up with another more cheaper, higher speed, ISP. she is paying £25 at the moment for a 2mb unlimited connection which they mainly use for browsing and chatting.