Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What Media did you last get??

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar

What Media did you last get??

Old 21-07-2024, 02:17   #241
Stephen
Smeghead

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: What Media did you last get??

Some are my dads and the go back to the 60s and 70s. Probably half are old originals and rest are new.
Old 21-07-2024, 04:22   #242
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
I try to get originals of stuff if I can because stuff got bad in the 70s production wise....

I had a 1975 woodstoclk cassette release it sounded thin and gross! (Like it was from a digital bin) I then got the original 1970 cassettes and they sound goregous!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2024, 11:22   #243
Stephen
Smeghead

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Of all the 70s and 80s records I've got and listened to sound fine.

Got a bunch of his old 7 inch singles also mostly from the 60s.

That tape you got it was probably reproduced in the exact same way with the same equipment. However as tapes are reproduced the master tapes will wear out over time giving poorer sound quality much like when video tapes are copied that often they would eventually be of a lesser quality.

That introduces that benefits of digital mastering, every version produced from it will always sound the same it doesn't deteriorate.
Old 21-07-2024, 20:09   #244
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
I see,its all very complicated............
Old 21-07-2024, 20:15   #245
Stephen
Smeghead

It's not all that complicated.

Every time a cassette or VHS is played or copied the head runs against the tape, so over time it decreases in quality, so what you had on its first play is not the same as what you get after the 100th play. Whether it's video or audio.

Same with vinyl records. You have a needle going through the grooves and over time that's how you can end up with static or pops and crackles.
Old 24-07-2024, 20:01   #246
Stephen
Smeghead

Purple Rain 40th Anniversary 4K UHD and Blu Ray steelbook edition and

Forest Gump 30th Anniversary 4k UHD and Blu Ray steelbook edition.
Old 10-08-2024, 06:33   #247
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Very nice Stevie!

On Friday I got all this

1) RECORD: Grateful dead - First album (Original W logo on record)
2) RECORD: KTEL - 20 explosive hits
3) VHS: Boiling Point - Demo Tape (Not for sale - Ah man!!)
4) VHS: Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigalo - Demo Tape (Not for sale - Ah man!!)
Old 14-08-2024, 05:02   #248
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

On Monday I got these

1) RECORD: Van Morrison - Veedon Fleece (I also have the cassette and 8 track)
2) RECORD: Elton John - Empty Sky - Reg black record (I had one of those crappy red see thru ones before which is sickening thy did this in 1969)

3) Vulnerable - The used

This is from 2012 but I wanted to see if it was any good.... I didnt know what they played or anything...

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulner...he_Used_album)

Its actually not bad.... No swearing in any song,thats rare for after 2000 and it sounds pretty good.... It was obviously mixed analogue for the record.

This is the newest music on record I have foumd that is good!
Old 14-08-2024, 08:31   #249
Stephen
Smeghead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
On Monday I got these

1) RECORD: Van Morrison - Veedon Fleece (I also have the cassette and 8 track)
2) RECORD: Elton John - Empty Sky - Reg black record (I had one of those crappy red see thru ones before which is sickening thy did this in 1969)

3) Vulnerable - The used

This is from 2012 but I wanted to see if it was any good.... I didnt know what they played or anything...

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulner...he_Used_album)

Its actually not bad.... No swearing in any song,thats rare for after 2000 and it sounds pretty good.... It was obviously mixed analogue for the record.

This is the newest music on record I have foumd that is good!
I highly doubt it is mixed analogue for a 2012 release. Especially not from a rock band it would still be stereo. Also why do you think everything after 2000 would have swearing? It would usually only be rap or some extreme heavy type stuff that would have bad language.

Never heard of them but I see from your link the once supported Evanescence on tour and the album charted fairly high in the US. So must be some what known.
Old 14-08-2024, 19:11   #250
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Yes its stereo (Not Mono)

They messed up on the label though...It says 45 but its 33

Yea I havent heard of them either and from looknig at the link I posted,this is probably thier BEST album!!

It sounds like its Mixed analogue and not PCM Steve.. Bryan Adams 1984 album was mixed PCM and it was hard to find one I liked.... (I finally found a CRC release on cassette that sounds good (The level is slightly lower that may be why))
Old 14-08-2024, 19:30   #251
Stephen
Smeghead

It'll be downsized to stereo more than likely. You'll not find much modern new music in mono.

As for the label stating 45, it's usually only 7 inch singles that come as 45rpm or the occasional 12inch dance mix or single.

As for their best I'd have to listen, there are 7 albums after that one.
Old 18-08-2024, 22:32   #252
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Ya this is the only one I heard....... One of thier later ones has swears in the title....

I dunno...I dont see the need for vulgarity to make something look good......
Old 19-08-2024, 00:25   #253
Stephen
Smeghead

Swearing or using cuss words in this modern age doesn't really bother many people you hear them pretty much everyday, sometimes as friendly banter, especially here in Scotland.

It's not about making something look cool, it's more about conveying strong emotions much of the time rather than just using them for the hell of it. I mean I love some hip hop and rap and you'll certainly hear a lot of it there. Some using it to comedic effect.

Same for use in movies or on TV. Don't look up Dawn French's recent book title if you are offended by swear words lol. British comedienne and when on daytime TV they couldn't actually say the title of it but it is funny.
Old 19-08-2024, 04:47   #254
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

I hear ya buddy

I guess it doesnt bother me all that much......