Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Had a message on my mobile saying that Gmail and OUTLOOK WILL BE UN AVAILABLE

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Had a message on my mobile saying that Gmail and OUTLOOK WILL BE UN AVAILABLE

Old 19-06-2024, 10:03   #1
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one
Question Had a message on my mobile saying that Gmail and OUTLOOK WILL BE UN AVAILABLE

Had a message on my mobile saying that Gmail and OUTLOOK WILL BE UN AVAILABLE soon has anyone else had ales similar message
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-06-2024, 10:28   #2
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Had a message on my mobile saying that Gmail and OUTLOOK WILL BE UN AVAILABLE

Which mobile network and who was the message from? Sounds fraudulent to me. My recent message from O2 is a prize draw for two Girls Aloud tickets. I won't be entering!
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2024, 11:09   #3
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Had a message on my mobile saying that Gmail and OUTLOOK WILL BE UN AVAILABLE

It’s not a fraudulent message it’s genuine

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daveywi...p-in-13-days/#
Old 19-06-2024, 11:27   #4
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
It’s not a fraudulent message it’s genuine

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daveywi...p-in-13-days/#
That's totally different to the message the OP has. Gmail will always be accessable from an android phone. It will also be available through Google. on any phone.

As usual with Ken W we have no idea what the message actually said or where it was from. All we get is what he percieves it means.

Any comment is just guesswork really.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2024, 11:30   #5
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
That's totally different to the message the OP has. Gmail will always be accessable from an android phone. It will also be available through Google. on any phone.

As usual with Ken W we have no idea what the message actually said or where it was from. All we get is what he percieves it means.

Any comment is just guesswork really.
I’ll be willing to bet you it’s exactly the same thing. And that the the op hasn’t framed the original message with all details

I’ll stand by comments thanks
Old 19-06-2024, 13:02   #6
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
I’ll be willing to bet you it’s exactly the same thing. And that the the op hasn’t framed the original message with all details

I’ll stand by comments thanks
Oh I agree that Ken W hasn't framed the original message with all details, that's par for the course for him. Getting the actual message from him and the detail is like extracting hen's teeth.

Your link just details that Gmail will be unavailble via Outlook and I suspect, like you, that is the message he's recieved.
Old 19-06-2024, 14:04   #7
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

If you do not use GMail or Outlook it will not affect you
Old 19-06-2024, 14:14   #8
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
Most people use either, or both…

Could you cut and paste the actual message you received, please, to enable clarity?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2024, 14:19   #9
Ken W
cf.mega poster

No
Old 19-06-2024, 14:22   #10
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
No
OK, then - could you please re-type the message you received (in full) on to the Forum?

Also, how did you receive it - email, text message, on your phone, your PC, your tablet?

Who was it from?

If email, what email system?

Last edited by Hugh; 19-06-2024 at 14:42.
Old 19-06-2024, 14:55   #11
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Had a message on my mobile saying that Gmail and OUTLOOK WILL BE UN AVAILABLE soon has anyone else had ales similar message
Do you mean the thing about Outlook.com no longer being able to access Gmail? As you will still obviously be able to access Gmail directly.
Old 19-06-2024, 15:22   #12
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
I don't use Outlook even though I have an old @msm.com addy.I use Gmail and it will not affect me. I can stll access my @msn.com emails via Gmail (they are automatically forwarded to there.

So please do as requested and give us the full details of what you've recieved as you clearly don't have a clue what the message is or isn't telling you.

Last edited by pip08456; 19-06-2024 at 15:31.
Old 19-06-2024, 16:42   #13
Ken W
cf.mega poster

It is a function of the Samgsung galaxy hand set, it is not a email
Old 19-06-2024, 16:57   #14
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Which model samsung galaxy, and what Android version?

Update - after a bit of searching, it's as Mr M said earlier - they are just bringing in tighter verification/security, so as long as people have the latest version of the app on their phone/tablet, there shouldn't be an issue...

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...l-access-block

Quote:
“To help keep Outlook personal email accounts secure, starting September 16, 2024, Microsoft will no longer support Basic Auth, the method in which a person provides only their username and password to sign into their account,” Microsoft said on its website. “As of September 16, 2024, Outlook will require that all those with a Microsoft email account use a mail or calendar app or the Outlook.com website which supports modern auth, such as the latest versions of Outlook, Apple Mail, or Thunderbird.”

Though it looks as though Microsoft won’t force you to use two-factor authentication via SMS or authenticator app, you will have to use a version of Outlook that has ‘modern auth’ technology behind the scenes. The firm says this includes “the free Outlook apps for iOS, Android, Outlook for Mac, or Outlook for Windows.”
However

Quote:
If that weren’t enough, another change is coming even sooner that could affect the way you use Outlook. Though we suspect not everyone uses Outlook to access their Gmail account - Microsoft software accessing Google account emails - if you do use Outlook.com for that, you won’t be able to come 30 June.

The tech giant said you can still login to your Gmail inbox using the Outlook for Windows or Outlook for Mac apps.

Last edited by Hugh; 19-06-2024 at 17:01.
Old 19-06-2024, 17:11   #15
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

This is up there in terms of cryptic Cable Forum threads!
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote