Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Price rises this year.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Price rises this year.

Old 29-04-2023, 16:44   #556
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: Price rises this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
…but it’s not about clicking a mouse; it’s about breaking a contract.
Which virgin did all the time prior to new terms
Old 04-05-2023, 22:28   #557
Paddy1
cf.addict

Paddy1 has a reputation beyond reputePaddy1 has a reputation beyond reputePaddy1 has a reputation beyond reputePaddy1 has a reputation beyond reputePaddy1 has a reputation beyond reputePaddy1 has a reputation beyond reputePaddy1 has a reputation beyond reputePaddy1 has a reputation beyond reputePaddy1 has a reputation beyond reputePaddy1 has a reputation beyond reputePaddy1 has a reputation beyond reputePaddy1 has a reputation beyond reputePaddy1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
The only broadband I’ve been offered on a twelve month term is from NOW
Aquiss, who I've moved to, have a 12 month contract with free installation and no price rises.

Cuckoo, who I also looked at, have the same or if you agree to pay £60 installation, they do a rolling 1 month contract from day one.
Paddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 13:25   #558
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

I'm out of contract next month so I rang this morning to see what they could offer me. Got through to UK Retentions in two rings at 8.15am. Helpful guy told me the full price for Volt then offered me 18 months for £75/m, cheaper than my current deal. I accepted. I know there is likely be a price rise next spring but I've now got the lowest price I've had for my services in 25 years so I'll swallow that.
Seriously looked at Sky Stream but to match the services we currently get that came in at unaffordable £145/m for similar bundle with dribble-speed broadband.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 15:03   #559
daveoc14
cf.member

daveoc14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
I'm out of contract next month so I rang this morning to see what they could offer me. Got through to UK Retentions in two rings at 8.15am. Helpful guy told me the full price for Volt then offered me 18 months for £75/m, cheaper than my current deal. I accepted. I know there is likely be a price rise next spring but I've now got the lowest price I've had for my services in 25 years so I'll swallow that.
Seriously looked at Sky Stream but to match the services we currently get that came in at unaffordable £145/m for similar bundle with dribble-speed broadband.
What number did you use?
daveoc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 15:06   #560
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

It is documented all over this forum that the only way to get the very best deals is to put your 30 days notice in ands wait for them to call you. In my experience it is the next working day
Old 10-05-2023, 17:01   #561
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
It is documented all over this forum that the only way to get the very best deals is to put your 30 days notice in ands wait for them to call you. In my experience it is the next working day

Someone I work with tried this, they didn't call back and just let them cancel.
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 17:12   #562
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveoc14 View Post
What number did you use?
150 from our VM line, then worked my way through security and selected the "if you're thinking of leaving us" option. Thinking it would be an ordeal I'd set aside the morning but it took less than half an hour. You hear absolute horror stories, but this was a good one.
Now I just hope OFCOM outlaws mid-contract price rises before next spring…

---------- Post added at 16:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:08 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmagnifique View Post
Someone I work with tried this, they didn't call back and just let them cancel.
It does feel like it's a complete lottery. There's a new COO announced who will be responsible for "improving customer experience" so things might change
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 20:26   #563
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

There might be a lottery element, but I think if the account is set to not allow marketing calls, it might be a blocker for retentions trying to keep you.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 08:03   #564
crossbow1956
cf.member

crossbow1956 is an unknown quantity at this point

Talked to retention's online as my contract ends in June all they offer me was £80.00 for m250 / talk anytime phone & maxit tv with sky sports hd i said no thanks i was paying £49.12 before price rise . think i may go to talk talk they offer 150meg BB only for £28.00 !
crossbow1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2023, 11:18   #565
Terry4947
cf.member

Terry4947 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Price rises this year.

With a 'Contract' you are quoted a price that is (or supposed to be) fixed for the duration of the term, but now it seems that Virgin-media can increase prices whenever and by however much they like, so what is the point of a contract which ties you to a company that does not respect its customers. I have been a customer since the very beginning (Blueyonder), but in future- NO MORE CONTRACT, I will move my account to where I can get the best value
Terry4947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2023, 12:48   #566
Peter729
cf.addict

Peter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about them

My new FTTP is installed (Youfibre) and my termination letter to Virgin has been written. I have 150mbs "up and down" for £21.99 a month, for 24 months, with a gaurantee of NO "in contract" price rises.

Happy days
Peter729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2023, 19:10   #567
wildfruit
cf.member

Services: M600, talk more anytime 2 x V6, sky cinema, Sky sports Maxit TV, kids pack, unlimited sim
wildfruit is an unknown quantity at this point

First bill in after price rise took effect.
£29.37 for ultimate volt. Will be gutted when this ends in January.
Youfibre now in round my way so will probably get that.
wildfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2023, 11:40   #568
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfruit View Post
First bill in after price rise took effect.
£29.37 for ultimate volt. Will be gutted when this ends in January.
Youfibre now in round my way so will probably get that.
How on earth do you get Ultimate Volt for £29.37?
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2023, 12:51   #569
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
How on earth do you get Ultimate Volt for £29.37?
My guess is that they mean O2 element went from £25 to £29.32. I rang and downgraded to £17+ . Still on volt
Old 31-05-2023, 19:45   #570
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Up 22% for me. With an odd entry stating that I changed our package recently. I didn't! The only contact I have had with VM in the last months was to ask them to reattach their cable to the outside wall.

Now they are not answering their phonelines!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vm.jpg (141.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg vm2.jpg (58.2 KB, 13 views)
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote