Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
Closed Thread

Old 24-09-2022, 18:20   #1096
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

I was playing about with my TiVo box last night to see what to watch.

I found that both Movies 24 & Movies 24+ are now broadcasting movies with subtitles. And "Sky Cinema top 10" is also being shown.

So is the following set to happen:

Movies 24 > Sky Cinema True Story
Movies 24+ > Sky Cinema Mix
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 24-09-2022, 18:27   #1097
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Are you meaning foreign language films, or literally that subtitles are now available?

Them showing Sky Cinema top 10 isn't new, they have for a while.
Old 24-09-2022, 18:30   #1098
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Are you meaning foreign language films, or literally that subtitles are now available?

Them showing Sky Cinema top 10 isn't new, they have for a while.
subtitles are now available.

Last night was a first time I turn into Movies 24 in 21months.

My late dad was a fan of a channel.
Old 24-09-2022, 18:32   #1099
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
subtitles are now available.

Last night was a first time I turn into Movies 24 in 21months.

My late dad was a fan of a channel.
Thanks for clarifying. Good to know.
Old 24-09-2022, 19:15   #1100
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:

I found that both Movies 24 & Movies 24+ are now broadcasting movies with subtitles. And "Sky Cinema top 10" is also being shown.

No.
Old 24-09-2022, 21:13   #1101
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

If so, Sky is getting quite desperate now. Has anyone noticed the lack of new films on Sky Cinema Premiere lately, and the dearth of films made less than 20 years ago? Looks like they are all going to the streamers.
Old 24-09-2022, 21:21   #1102
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
If so, Sky is getting quite desperate now. Has anyone noticed the lack of new films on Sky Cinema Premiere lately, and the dearth of films made less than 20 years ago? Looks like they are all going to the streamers.
I dont have Sky Cinema in - as Sky lack of new films has been going on since before Comcast took Sky over.

I wish Sky would have stays with they pre Digital days re Sky Movies Plus, The Movie Channel and Sky Movies Gold.
Old 25-09-2022, 16:14   #1103
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy Sources has reveal a latest update on both E! and Movies 24.

As some of you may know Sky UK runs COMCAST channels for them in the UK due to Brexit (Sky is owned by Comcast as of 2019):

Universal Channel did become Sky Comedy in 2020.

Here is a latest I have been given by my sources on E! and Movies 24 on what may happen to them.

*My sources says Sky is still on "borderline" on what to do with Movies 24.
*My sources say E! is set to be revamped.

Information was right at time of posting.

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 25-09-2022 at 16:22.
Old 27-09-2022, 01:41   #1104
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Local Channel 4 HD Channels has now launch but still to move to Channel 104 (Channel 108 in Wales)

---------- Post added at 00:41 ---------- Previous post was at 00:01 ----------

Channel 4 SD has now close on Virgin Media.

Channel 4 HD has now launch on Virgin UK Channel 104 (Channel 108 in Wales.)
Old 27-09-2022, 19:22   #1105
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

For some reason neither Channel 4 HD or BBC Four HD are flagged as being HD in the Virgin TV Control app. It only appears to be those channels missing the correct identifiers.
Old 28-09-2022, 17:53   #1106
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
For some reason neither Channel 4 HD or BBC Four HD are flagged as being HD in the Virgin TV Control app. It only appears to be those channels missing the correct identifiers.
HD flag now added to Channel 4 HD, but BBC Four HD is still without one. I'm not sure if this is a new issue or if its always been like that.
Old 28-09-2022, 18:00   #1107
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
HD flag now added to Channel 4 HD, but BBC Four HD is still without one. I'm not sure if this is a new issue or if its always been like that.
It's been like that since BBC4 SD was removed.
Old 29-09-2022, 18:47   #1108
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Sky Forum web site has reveal that a following will happen on October 1st on both Sky Satellite and All Virgin Media boxes:

*Sky Cinema Horror HD changes name to Sky Cinema Alien HD
*Movies24 renames to Christmas24
*Movies24+ renames to Christmas24+

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-...2/td-p/4107223

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 16:55 ----------

Talk TV HD is set to move from Virgin Channel 627 to Virgin Channel 606 from October 5th.
Old 01-10-2022, 22:33   #1109
Frazz
cf.addict

Services: 2 x tivo TV XL with movie and sport 500Mb broadband phone talk anytime Unlimited mobile phone sim
Frazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about them

"Upgraded" to TV 360, big mistake it's shite compared to TiVo, so many issues and limitations. We had 2 tivos now upgraded, one in the living room and the other in my son's bedroom, if recording something downstairs he can't record it to his boxes well since I'm already recording it. Some might think this isn't an issue but if I watch it then delete it when not knowing he wanted to watch it too there is no option to recover the show.

This is one of many issues and am going to fight to get my 2 tivos back if I can.
Old 02-10-2022, 01:53   #1110
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazz View Post
"Upgraded" to TV 360, big mistake it's shite compared to TiVo, so many issues and limitations. We had 2 tivos now upgraded, one in the living room and the other in my son's bedroom, if recording something downstairs he can't record it to his boxes well since I'm already recording it. Some might think this isn't an issue but if I watch it then delete it when not knowing he wanted to watch it too there is no option to recover the show.

This is one of many issues and am going to fight to get my 2 tivos back if I can.
I agree, the 360 is a downgrade IMO.

Please let us know how you get on as they really won't want to put you back in the position that you were previously in. I suspect that the time will come when everyone not on 360 will be forcibly migrated and that's when I will leave.

If they do allow you to go back to TiVo, I wonder if there is a system in place to download the TiVo software onto a 360 box?? If not, they will have to give you two V6 boxes (if they have any left).

---------- Post added at 00:53 ---------- Previous post was at 00:22 ----------

Does anyone know when the UKTV carriage contract is up? I'm trying to work out when/if we will get Yesterdsy HD as it's started on Sky.
Closed Thread