Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Hub 5 at no extra cost

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Hub 5 at no extra cost

Old 18-11-2021, 01:14   #151
gordon861
cf.member

gordon861 is on a distinguished roadgordon861 is on a distinguished road
Re: Hub 5 at no extra cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZMANUK View Post
Same here had hub 4 over a week and the so called free speed boost from 350 to 500 I'm still only getting 360 to 370 at best even though I've checked the configuration file and does say I'm on 500, be interested to know if they are various configuration files so those that are on none volt bundles get true 500 and those that are on volt bundles are capped.

Just a thought
I finally got my speed upgrade 200->350 after a week of waiting for it, the solution call Customer Services and get them to resend the activation over the wire. Took about 5mins when I got through for the Hub to reboot and all sorted.
gordon861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-11-2021, 07:44   #152
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon861 View Post
I finally got my speed upgrade 200->350 after a week of waiting for it, the solution call Customer Services and get them to resend the activation over the wire. Took about 5mins when I got through for the Hub to reboot and all sorted.
Do you mean Volt? Which customer services did you call, O2 or VM?

Mine supposedly got activated a while ago but nothing.
rtho782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2021, 11:07   #153
TAZMANUK
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt Package, V6, 1 gig bb, WiFi max 2 pods, maxit TV, anytime chatter
TAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to TAZMANUK

Mines activated as I see the new configuration file, in just saying the speed at best 370 to 375, I've rebooted the modem and will wait for it to settle, and ill try speedtest. I did get asked to have a hub 5 which i filled details in and delivery date of 24th, that was last week it stated takes 14 days for a email about it but haven't had any update on it and does not show up on my orders either and have been told it's all ordered at the back end a different department apparently.

I took screenshots all through the ordering process as proof as it's odd that it's not showing up as a self instal kit or in my orders and appointments section of my account. At first I thought the email was a phishing email since they was a large volume coming in not so long since from McAfee etc
TAZMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2021, 00:00   #154
gordon861
cf.member

gordon861 is on a distinguished roadgordon861 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtho782 View Post
Do you mean Volt? Which customer services did you call, O2 or VM?

Mine supposedly got activated a while ago but nothing.
Yes Volt, I have had a total run around with VM recently.

First they offered the Hub5 which they then claimed didn't exist, but I got anyways. The Volt was announced, I spoke to O2 who were great and upgraded my data right away. O2 then passed my details to VM to upgrade my speed, VM then decided to email me to say that my upgrade would happen and that my new Hub3 would arrive last week (which confused me a little). Since then I had been checking my speed, trying to get help on the forums and rebooting my Hub5 but nothing helped.

In the end I called VM on 150 and went through to the technical faults people. Although being difficult to understand they listened and then did a remote reboot of the Hub5 and pushed the speed update at the same time. Once rebooted my speed upgrade was working.
gordon861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2021, 00:14   #155
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon861 View Post
Yes Volt, I have had a total run around with VM recently.

First they offered the Hub5 which they then claimed didn't exist, but I got anyways. The Volt was announced, I spoke to O2 who were great and upgraded my data right away. O2 then passed my details to VM to upgrade my speed, VM then decided to email me to say that my upgrade would happen and that my new Hub3 would arrive last week (which confused me a little). Since then I had been checking my speed, trying to get help on the forums and rebooting my Hub5 but nothing helped.

In the end I called VM on 150 and went through to the technical faults people. Although being difficult to understand they listened and then did a remote reboot of the Hub5 and pushed the speed update at the same time. Once rebooted my speed upgrade was working.
How do you find the Hub 5? Is it stable connection-wise?
Old 20-11-2021, 19:20   #156
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice

It's been a nightmare of callbacks that never happen an customer services fobbing me off trying to get volt. I've had an email and a text saying it has been activated, but my data hasn't increased nor has my speed.

Thinking of doing a 14 day termination to be honest because the stonewalling is pissing me off.

---------- Post added at 18:20 ---------- Previous post was at 16:29 ----------

https://imgur.com/BJjy1mY.png

Somehow I don't have much faith.
Old 22-11-2021, 17:50   #157
rtho782
cf.addict

Got there!
Old 22-11-2021, 18:18   #158
Gobble
cf.addict

Services: Gig1 SH4-AX86U, Stream
Gobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really nice

Quote:

Got there!
Assume this still on the hub 4 though?
Gobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2021, 20:01   #159
rtho782
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobble View Post
Assume this still on the hub 4 though?
Yeah, unfortunately, modem mode and balance-rr over the 1G ports to a mikrotik device, then 10g over single mode fibre to my UDMP, then 10G to the rest of my network.
Old 22-11-2021, 21:40   #160
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Crickey, please use smaller images next time, I had to resize it.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 08:57   #161
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Any feedback yet on the stability of the Hub 5, ideally in modem mode?
Old 24-11-2021, 09:53   #162
Gobble
cf.addict

Services: Gig1 SH4-AX86U, Stream
Gobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really nice

Quote:
Yeah, unfortunately, modem mode and balance-rr over the 1G ports to a mikrotik device, then 10g over single mode fibre to my UDMP, then 10G to the rest of my network.
Wow, that's some setup right there! The Hub 5 invites do seem to be continuing from what I've seen in the VM community with some users on 1gig now at least.
Gobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2021, 15:01   #163
Grimpy
cf.addict

Grimpy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treble3 View Post
1gb users are now getting emails to get the hub 5
Haven't received one yet.
Grimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2021, 23:59   #164
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

me neither and I need one asap. I googled it earlier and a VM webpage said Gig 1 customers can now sign up for one through the VM mobile app so I downloaded it and I couldn't find any mention of it anywhere.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2021, 00:31   #165
Grimpy
cf.addict

Grimpy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
me neither and I need one asap. I googled it earlier and a VM webpage said Gig 1 customers can now sign up for one through the VM mobile app so I downloaded it and I couldn't find any mention of it anywhere.
I just went here and even though I have a hub 4 it's offering me a hub 3

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadban...omer-deals/hub

Think I will give them a ring tomorrow.
Grimpy is offline   Reply With Quote