Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2021, 14:54   #1441
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Do people have to re-add series links too when channels move SID's?
No only if you have pick one of them as your Favourite Channel. All series links will move over to that channel new SID home.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2021, 14:55   #1442
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Not sure if that applies to 360 either, or if it's just a TiVo / V6 thing.
Old 08-09-2021, 14:58   #1443
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

I have been given a SID number for soon to launch Greatest Hits Radio* and it was not an number I was looking for.

*Still not broadcasting any sound.
Old 08-09-2021, 15:12   #1444
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Thanks for update

I feel the final movers will move to SID 15XX tonight after midnight.
Probably and if they do there should be another new service TS28 Dummy or whatever Virgin call it.

TS11 is empty again, so some services may be moving onto that eventually. Unless Virgin keep it for pop-up channels.
Old 08-09-2021, 15:38   #1445
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
Probably and if they do there should be another new service TS28 Dummy or whatever Virgin call it.

TS11 is empty again, so some services may be moving onto that eventually. Unless Virgin keep it for pop-up channels.
I feel 24XX and 25XX may move to 11XX as both as about 5 HD Channels on them.

I feel 16XX may move to left over slots on 12XX, 15XX, 18XX, 23XX and 26XX as all have got about 8 HD Channels on them.

I feel 23XX may then move 16XX.

I feel Virgin may keep 18XX open for any left over plus room for any new HD launches on Virgin Media.

All information base on DBR info.

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 08-09-2021 at 15:48.
Old 08-09-2021, 16:33   #1446
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
I feel 24XX and 25XX may move to 11XX as both as about 5 HD Channels on them.

I feel 16XX may move to left over slots on 12XX, 15XX, 18XX, 23XX and 26XX as all have got about 8 HD Channels on them.

I feel 23XX may then move 16XX.

I feel Virgin may keep 18XX open for any left over plus room for any new HD launches on Virgin Media.

All information base on DBR info.
There were rumours a few months ago that TS25-30 would be wound down. Since then 29 & 30 are no longer being used and now 27 & 28 are being cleared. I would expect 25 & 26 to be next. No time scale was mentioned, so it could take a while.
Old 08-09-2021, 17:04   #1447
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
There were rumours a few months ago that TS25-30 would be wound down. Since then 29 & 30 are no longer being used and now 27 & 28 are being cleared. I would expect 25 & 26 to be next. No time scale was mentioned, so it could take a while.
My idea would only take Virgin Media up to 9 nights - aka 3 weeks.
Old 08-09-2021, 17:34   #1448
epsilon
cf.geek

Quote:
My idea would only take Virgin Media up to 9 nights - aka 3 weeks.
The method they are using seems to be moving around 6 channels a night, so clearing TS25-6 (14 channels) could be done in around 3 nights. Those are the transport streams they have moved to frequencies next to other cleared transport streams.

But my reference to time scales was to allow for any new encoders to be ordered (if necessary) or just to fit in to Virgin's overall development plan for the TV service.

Last edited by epsilon; 08-09-2021 at 17:39.
Old 09-09-2021, 03:44   #1449
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

The following "housekeeping" things has just happen on Virgin Media UK.

-SYFY HD, Comedy Central HD, 4SevenHD, BBC NEWS HD and BT Sport 1 HD all need to be readded to "Favourite Channels" due to them moving from SID 28?? to SID 15??.

-The following has still to move over to SID 15XX - All channels on SID 28XX has now move over to SID 15XX

-An unknown channel has been added to Total Channels over night.

Last updated at 2.44am.

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 09-09-2021 at 03:47.
Old 09-09-2021, 18:12   #1450
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
The following "housekeeping" things has just happen on Virgin Media UK.

-SYFY HD, Comedy Central HD, 4SevenHD, BBC NEWS HD and BT Sport 1 HD all need to be readded to "Favourite Channels" due to them moving from SID 28?? to SID 15??.

-The following has still to move over to SID 15XX - All channels on SID 28XX has now move over to SID 15XX

-An unknown channel has been added to Total Channels over night.

Last updated at 2.44am.
Dude, you really need to find a new hobby, you must have some amount of ‘favourite channels’ on your box too
Old 09-09-2021, 19:03   #1451
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

DBR has pick up an new slot testing on SID 1403 called "TuneAway HD Hidden"

More news as I get it.
Old 09-09-2021, 19:22   #1452
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
DBR has pick up an new slot testing on SID 1403 called "TuneAway HD Hidden"

More news as I get it.
Wasn't that the name VM used for their fitness channel before launch? Or something similar?
Old 09-09-2021, 19:30   #1453
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

MTV Pride will also be shown on Virgin Media Showcase HD (Virgin Channel 100) from Saturday at 6am to Monday at 6am.

So maybe TuneAway HD Hidden will become MTV Pride.
Old 09-09-2021, 21:23   #1454
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Not sure if that applies to 360 either, or if it's just a TiVo / V6 thing.
As far as I can see, there is no need to make any alteration to either profile My Channels or Series Records on TV 360.
Old 09-09-2021, 21:58   #1455
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
As far as I can see, there is no need to make any alteration to either profile My Channels or Series Records on TV 360.
Interesting.
Closed Thread