Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Coronavirus
View Poll Results: When you become eligible for the Covid Vaccine, would you take it?
Yes 76 84.44%
No 8 8.89%
Unsure 6 6.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 17-06-2021, 22:31   #5956
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

None of the vaccines are 90% against the delta variant so your risk assessment is based on assumptions known to be false.

Pierre you can't make a statement as ludicrous as "I'll take my chances" if by your own admission you aren't impacted by any of the current Covid restrictions.

You're making a risk assessment for other people, or the population as a whole, consistently incorrect and I'm not really sure why to be honest. Discourse on the forum isn't really any better for it, it's not because Covid restrictions affect you on a personal level, do you hate state intervention that much?

Showing you that you are wrong about a prediction requires time as unfortunately I'm not capable of time travel.

However vaccine manufacturers are tweaking their vaccines on the basis of keeping efficacy high and I'll trust their judgement before yours every single day of the week.
Advertisement
Old 17-06-2021, 22:41   #5957
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
None of the vaccines are 90% against the delta variant so your risk assessment is based on assumptions known to be false.
https://www.astrazeneca.com/media-ce...n-variant.html

Quote:
Real-world data demonstrated 92% vaccine effectiveness against hospitalisations due to the Delta variant
Quote:
Pierre you can't make a statement as ludicrous as "I'll take my chances" if by your own admission you aren't impacted by any of the current Covid restrictions.
I just did.
Old 17-06-2021, 22:46   #5958
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

That's not against cases. Cases being both a transmission and mutation risk.

If you're happy to make ludicrous statements then I suppose I can't stop you Actually it's probably beneficial for me in the long run anyway.
Old 17-06-2021, 22:55   #5959
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
That's not against cases. Cases being both a transmission and mutation risk.
It hurts when you’re wrong doesn’t it? I know if it was you, you would continuously bring it up and bang on about how you were right and I was wrong, a la Old Boy.......But I’ll save you that embarrassment. I won’t mention it again...much.
Old 17-06-2021, 23:09   #5960
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
It hurts when you’re wrong doesn’t it? I know if it was you, you would continuously bring it up and bang on about how you were right and I was wrong, a la Old Boy.......But I’ll save you that embarrassment. I won’t mention it again...much.
No it just makes you look ridiculous when it’s evident to any observer we are talking about two entirely different things.

Like if I said the schools would close in January and you said supermarkets would stay open.
Old 17-06-2021, 23:22   #5961
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
No it just makes you look ridiculous when it’s evident to any observer we are talking about two entirely different things.
Nope just makes you look wrong, and then so desperate not to look wrong.

JFman
Quote:
As I explained earlier to Papa portraying vaccines in such a binary fashion is unhelpful. A 10% efficacy vaccine could be described as “working”
Pierre
Quote:
the vaccines, as I understand, are all well into the 90’s ?
JFman
Quote:
Pierre, link backed evidenced quote
Quote:
Real-world data demonstrated 92% vaccine effectiveness against hospitalisations due to the Delta variant
Who looks “ridiculous”.......Hmmmmm,

It’s OK to admit you are wrong you know, I have done many times........it’s a sign of maturity.
Old 17-06-2021, 23:56   #5962
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Thats enough, again.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 18-06-2021, 14:31   #5963
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

BREAKING: EU loses legal challenge against AstraZeneca

Sorry but HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
EU has lost legal challenge against AstraZeneca over vaccine deliveries, company says
Covid-19 vaccine maker AstraZeneca said on Friday the EU had lost a legal case against the pharmaceutical firm over the supply of vaccines to the bloc as a court in Brussels rejected an EU request for more deliveries by the end of June.

Reuters reports:

The Anglo-Swedish firm committed in a contract to do its best to deliver to the 27-nation bloc 300 million doses by the end of June, but production problems led the pharmaceutical company to revise down its target to 100 million vaccines.

The cuts in the supplies delayed the EU’s vaccination drive in the first quarter of the year, when the bloc had initially bet on AstraZeneca to deliver the largest volume of jabs. That led to a bitter dispute and to the EU’s legal action to get at least 120 million doses by the end of June.

But the judge said the company should only deliver 80.2 million doses by a deadline of 27 September, AstraZeneca said.
Old 18-06-2021, 14:39   #5964
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post

Sorry but I couldn't suppress a snigger at that news . . actually, in all honesty, I'll be chuckling all day
Old 18-06-2021, 14:49   #5965
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Sorry but I couldn't suppress a snigger at that news . . actually, in all honesty, I'll be chuckling all day
Mr K will be happy too - should have a positive effect on his AZ shares!
Old 18-06-2021, 14:51   #5966
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Public Health England research shows a single dose of any vaccine reduces hospitalisations by 75%; two doses reduces hospitalisation by 90%. These figures are the same for all variants.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-5...ost_type=share
Old 18-06-2021, 16:05   #5967
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post

More on that here.

https://www.companynewshq.com/compan...ine-to-europe/

Quote:
The European Commission had requested 120 million vaccine doses cumulatively by the end of June 2021, and a total of 300 million doses by the end of September 2021. The judge ordered delivery of 80.2 million doses by 27 September 2021. To date, the Company has supplied more than 70 million doses to the European Union and will substantially exceed 80.2 million doses by the end of June 2021. All other measures sought by the European Commission have been dismissed, and in particular the Court found that the European Commission has no exclusivity or right of priority over all other contracting parties.
EDIT

The EU seem to see it differently though.

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/pres.../en/IP_21_3090

Last edited by pip08456; 18-06-2021 at 16:11.
Old 18-06-2021, 16:20   #5968
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
The EU seem to see it differently though.

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/pres.../en/IP_21_3090
Well of course - trying to spin their defeat into good news.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 18-06-2021, 16:45   #5969
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

tsk, spinning the news in a way to grasp a victory headline from a losing situation . . . and still people can't seem to live without them
Old 18-06-2021, 19:52   #5970
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

It gets more farcical by the minute.

The EU has now resurrected its claim that AstraZeneca must supply vaccines to the EU from its British factory, despite the fact that the court ruling does not specify this, and also that AstraZeneca’s European operation is already producing much more vaccine than will be required to meet the court’s requirement of 50 million doses by the end of September.

For the avoidance of doubt, the EU asked the court to force AZ to deliver 120 million doses by the end of June. The court has in fact ruled that AZ must deliver 20 million; AZ says it will in fact have delivered substantially more than 80 million doses by that date.

Ursula Von Der Lying has inexplicably claimed that all of this somehow amounts to an endorsement of the EU’s argument. In fact, all the court has really done is to quantify what “best effort” should look like - and as AZ has already exceeded this, if the court has endorsed anything, it is AZ’s position.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-57531064
Closed Thread