Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Dynamode BR-6004 W-G1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Dynamode BR-6004 W-G1

Old 13-02-2007, 17:55   #1
brads206
Inactive

brads206 is an unknown quantity at this point
Dynamode BR-6004 W-G1

well im new here and well just after christmas i purchased the Dynamode BR-6004 W-G1. before i setup the wireless i was on 4mb and downloading at 300kbps however i then upgraded to 10mb and now i am only downloading at no more than 50kbps on torrents. i have tried using private torrents and it also dosent get me great speeds. however when i download of certain websites i will download at 1mb but that is very rare and only happens with such websites as the NTL one. the other computer using the internet is only just using msn messenger and downloading nothing so i dont know whats wrong and why its going so slow..anyone else have any problems like this and know a solution? cheers
brads206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-02-2007, 18:20   #2
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Dynamode BR-6004 W-G1

to Cable Forum

Is the problem affecting just wireless, or can you reproduce it using a wired connection via the router? Have you tried changing the wireless channel, maybe there is local interference?

If you are using torrents, are you happy that the necessary ports on the router are open. Are you also sure that you aren't saturating your upload bandwidth. Many torrents may well see you as a new user as your IP may have changed after installing the router so that you may be at the bottom of the queue.

I've seen reference to the MTU settings sometimes being incommpatible with connections. I think the default is 1500, but sometimes that could be too high. Your manual may give ideas on alternative settings?
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 18:34   #3
brads206
Inactive

brads206 is an unknown quantity at this point

its affecting my internet as a whole i tryed torrents on the laptop and also it didnt pass 50..im really sort of new to this i know how to get into the whole /router cpanel but im lost when i get in there and also the port things dont seem to be working

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:30 ----------

i have also noticed i can only download 1 torrent at a time and if i try downlaod 2 it knocks off my internet until i stop one of them
brads206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2007, 00:04   #4
minnamurra
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
minnamurra is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm new here too. I've just purchased a Dynamode BR-6004 W-G1 router. I've managed to get it to function, made the connection secure. I've changed the SSID, but I can't see where one changes the user name and password (required on the pop up screen in order to get into the browser.) Should one simply change this on the pop up screen itself?? I'm still using 'guest' and 'guest'. I'm suire that's not a good idea! But I'm hesitant to change either of these, in case I lock myself out - and the instructions (printed and on screen) seen to be silent on this. Any advice much appreciated . . .
minnamurra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 16:52   #5
RamJet
Inactive

RamJet will become famous soon enoughRamJet will become famous soon enoughRamJet will become famous soon enough

Hi

I bought a Dynamode BR-6004 from Virgin media about a year ago

all has been fine until now when suddently it won't pass VPN connectivity

I use this VPN daily to contact my firm's servers

On the box it says "Suports VPN Pass Through PPTP"

hoping someone knows what the settings are & where I can correct this

ps I know it's the router that's got probs becuase I've taken my laptop to another WiFi stystem and it connects fine there - back home no pass thru

thanks
RamJet is offline   Reply With Quote