Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | CANT GO WIRELESS- please help

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

CANT GO WIRELESS- please help

Old 16-02-2007, 13:09   #1
daisygal168
Inactive

daisygal168 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy CANT GO WIRELESS- please help

Hi
I have just subscribed to NTL in the E17 area of London. The 2meg broadband was working fine. I yesterday bought and tried to install a Wirelss Router - BUFFALO AIRSTATION 125MBPS HIGH-SPEED WIRELESS CABLE / DSL SMART ROUTER and was going through the installation steps and got as far as 18 out of 30.

Unfortunately I cannot remember what the pop up window said, but after a few times of trying, a window came up saying it could not find a valid IP address. I am completely new to setting up the internet, so have no idea what this means.

In the manual there was something which looked like an Ip address ( i think) but when typed into the internet explorer it would not load the page.

Also, the computer is acknowledging the wireless and can even connect to it, but when I open and internet explorer window it says limited or no conectivity and no page will load.

Is there anyone that can help. I am hesitant to call any help line numbers as I am calling from my mobile and its gonna cost a fortune, unless anyone knows a geographic number equivalent.

Any help would be so much appreciated!
thanks
Mandi
daisygal168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-02-2007, 13:17   #2
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: CANT GO WIRELESS- please help

Firstly welcome to the site

You've asked the same question twice so I'm about to close the other thread.

This will let everyone concentrate their help for you in one place.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2007, 20:08   #3
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

Are you rebooting the cable modem when you are switching the connection from your pc to your new router?

You need to make sure you power down the modem before connecting the router, otherwise it won't work
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2007, 20:15   #4
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

If you are entering the router login IP and it isn't working check you haven't got a proxy set while you are trying to get it all working. Do as above when setting up the router, power everything down, connect new bits, power up modem, wait for lights to lock/ stabilise, power up router, wait for lights to settle, power up PC, navigate to the router login page and check settings. Browse to a website via IE to check connectivity
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 12:57   #5
daisygal168
Inactive

daisygal168 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: CANT GO WIRELESS- please help

Thanks for all the help. I am pleased to say I am now wireless!! EXCELLENT!!
daisygal168 is offline   Reply With Quote