Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Problem connecting D-Link DI-524 to NTL Broadband

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Problem connecting D-Link DI-524 to NTL Broadband

Old 18-12-2006, 19:49   #1
Tooooon
Inactive

Tooooon is an unknown quantity at this point
Problem connecting D-Link DI-524 to NTL Broadband

Hey there,

I am not very computer literate when it comes to technicalities so ill say this as best as I can.

Basically, I bought a DI-524 D-Link wireless router so I can play Xbox live on my 360.

The problem is when setting up the connection between the router and the NTL cable modem via the quick installation disc, when it comes to the internet connectivity check for the WAN, it always fails and the internet also doesnt work when the router and modem are connected.

When the modem is connected via USB to the computer the internet works fine, but when connected via ENET to the router, and router to computer via ENET as well it seems not to work.

And yes Ive tried calling NTL which they told me to call D-Link, and D-Link isnt too helpful when english is their 3rd language by the sound of it with their tech support offices in the middle east somewhere.

Any any idea what the problem may be, or what to do?

~David
Tooooon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-12-2006, 20:18   #2
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M
Re: Problem connecting D-Link DI-524 to NTL Broadband

You dont need the Installation disc at all

1. Turn off Modem and Router
2. Turn on Modem and wait for the lights to become steady
3. Turn on router
4. Enter router settings and make sure that it is set up to pickup a dynamic IP
5. Make sure Modem is connected to WAN Port
6. All done (hopefully )
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2006, 20:49   #3
Tooooon
Inactive

Tooooon is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Problem connecting D-Link DI-524 to NTL Broadband

When you say 4, im assuming you mean by going to the default IP for the router and changing settings there for it right? And ive done that and all the above, and still not working

I did a search and seen there are one or two older topics about the same thing, but the termonology threw me off completly lol if that helps at all.
Tooooon is offline   Reply With Quote