Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Do Virgin Mobile disable any features on their handsets?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Mobile - fixed dialing/Pin 2 code

Old 06-05-2008, 22:35   #1
Dave A
cf.member

Services: LCD HD TV, Freeview, Virgin Media HD V+ TV, 10Mb Broadband, Phone, Vodafone Contract
Dave A is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin Mobile - fixed dialing/Pin 2 code

Hi i need to restrict curtain set dialing numbers on my Virgin Pay monthly sim card? in order to do this i need to know what the default fixed dialing/pin2 code is?

I know the likes of orange, o2, and vodafone support this, it's just that i don't want to end up guessing the code because if you enter the code incorrectly 3 times or else it will request for the puk2 code.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Dave A is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2008, 00:55   #2
d.chatten
Inactive

d.chatten is on a distinguished roadd.chatten is on a distinguished road
Re: Virgin Mobile - fixed dialing/Pin 2 code

I had this very issue, it seems VM don't support this feature, i contacted VM to request a PUK2 code because i had used up all three PIN2 code attempts, VM told me they can't supply the PUK2 or PIN2 codes because VM's sim cards don't support PIN2/PUK2.

Hope this helps!
d.chatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 20:09   #3
Dave A
cf.member

Services: LCD HD TV, Freeview, Virgin Media HD V+ TV, 10Mb Broadband, Phone, Vodafone Contract
Dave A is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.chatten View Post
I had this very issue, it seems VM don't support this feature, i contacted VM to request a PUK2 code because i had used up all three PIN2 code attempts, VM told me they can't supply the PUK2 or PIN2 codes because VM's sim cards don't support PIN2/PUK2.

Hope this helps!
Seems a bit strange why virgin choose to have the fuction inbuilt within there sim cards, if thay say that thay don't support it.

I use the fuction on vodafone, no problem, as it was originally set to a default 4 digit code at first and then i changed it to my own code.

I may give virgin mobile a call and see what thay say ...

Cheers for your reply.
Dave A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 04:16   #4
BexTech
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Cable TV (1TB Tivo) & Net, 120cm motorized satellite system.
BexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.chatten View Post

Hope this helps!
Same here, I had to contact VM for PUK2 for PIN2 and had the same response they don't support PIN2, so just ignore it / forget it.
BexTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 14:18   #5
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

Its probably built in but not active because T-Mobile probably provide it and since Virgin is a virtual network using T-Mobile, Gemplus,the sim manufacturer probably installs it as standard.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2009, 04:30   #6
N00N00
cf.addict

N00N00 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sure there will be a Pin2 code for Virgin, though the fixed dialing itself may or may not work.

Would really, really appreciate it if anyone could find out the PIN2 - thanks
N00N00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2009, 10:17   #7
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

There is no PIN2 code!
Old 26-05-2009, 20:13   #8
chunkeymonkey
Inactive

chunkeymonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
There is no PIN2 code!
Ben's Right we don't support PIN2 codes!
chunkeymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote