Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Mobile Out of Tariff Price increase 25th July

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Mobile Micro-Sim from ebay

Old 11-08-2011, 20:37   #1
bukem
Inactive

bukem is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin Mobile Micro-Sim from ebay

Hi All. This is my first post on this forum and I hope you can help me!

I am seriously thinking of joining Virgin Mobile as I'm an existing Virgin Media customer. I want to replace my Tesco contract with a VM sim only plan. I have an iPhone 4 and reading this forum, VM does not supply a micro-sim for this phone. However, I have noticed certain ebay vendors selling pre-cut VM sims.

I think the sims on sale are for PAYG. However, I want to go on a 30 day rolling plan. I also want to transfer my existing mobile number.

If I buy an 'ebay' sim, can I get the contract I want AND keep my number?
bukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2011, 20:43   #2
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Virgin Mobile Micro-Sim from ebay

I believe we have a couple of sim cutting experts on here ... I'm sure one of them will be able to advise.

I guess you could also try cutting your own VM sim, once you have it on the contract you want? I don't know how it works, exactly, although I wouldn't mind having one for my iPad once VM's traffic is allowed onto the fully combined Orange/T-Mob network.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 21:05   #3
bandit2329
Inactive

bandit2329 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi i was on a payg sim with 02 swopped to vm payg sim then changed my mined and went on a 30 day rolling contract. Im sure if you purchase a vm cut sim for your phone and it work's should be no trouble to swop over to 30 day contract and swop number Ps i swop my number phone number 2.
bandit2329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 21:08   #4
bukem
Inactive

bukem is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. I have investigated how much a sim cutter costs (around £5) but it's more cost effective to buy a pre-cut sim (£1.50). And I can't make a pig's ear if the sim is pre-cut (trust me, I will manage to make a pig's ear in my hands!)

I do hope the network is sorted out by autumn. This the main reason why I'm leaving Tesco because I cannot get signal at my folks (Orange is fine there) and there is no 3G at work (but there is a three/t-mobile mast nearby).

---------- Post added at 21:08 ---------- Previous post was at 21:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit2329 View Post
Hi i was on a payg sim with 02 swopped to vm payg sim then changed my mined and went on a 30 day rolling contract. Im sure if you purchase a vm cut sim for your phone and it work's should be no trouble to swop over to 30 day contract and swop number Ps i swop my number phone number 2.
Thanks, that is good news. I also wanted to try out the network before I commited to anything and if I can do this, that's perfect!
bukem is offline   Reply With Quote