Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Telephone extension wall socket removal

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

virgin media 12 month contact

Old 13-10-2011, 17:42   #1
greyfox1974
Inactive

greyfox1974 is an unknown quantity at this point
virgin media 12 month contact

hi am looking to get a new 12 month contact on virgin media and i just phoned up was looking that the sony eric neo but the person on the other end said i cant get it on a 12 month deal it is only on a 24 month deal but normal virgin mobile costumers can get it and they have a better deals for they net than a virgin media costumer gets on the 24 n 12 month deals can some 1 plz give me some advise on this
greyfox1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-10-2011, 18:04   #2
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: virgin media 12 month contact

The contracts for VM customers are better value. They offer more mins and texts for cheaper and the web is usually 1gb on most 24 month contracts.
Old 13-10-2011, 20:09   #3
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Can't see why you couldn't get it on the 12 month deal if that's what you wanted to do, but Virgin would obviously try and push you towards the 'better' deal

Saying that there have been occasions in the past where stock has been reserved for Media customers so non-Media customers get told you can't get it
Old 13-10-2011, 20:52   #4
greyfox1974
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
The contracts for VM customers are better value. They offer more mins and texts for cheaper and the web is usually 1gb on most 24 month contracts.
not any more normal virgin costumers can get upto 2.5gb and the mins n txts they are given you just now for the money aint great

---------- Post added at 20:52 ---------- Previous post was at 20:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Can't see why you couldn't get it on the 12 month deal if that's what you wanted to do, but Virgin would obviously try and push you towards the 'better' deal

Saying that there have been occasions in the past where stock has been reserved for Media customers so non-Media customers get told you can't get it

oh the person was tryin to push me to get a 24 month deal
Old 13-10-2011, 22:42   #5
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:

If you get the tariffs for vm customers you can only take a 24 month contract.
Old 13-10-2011, 22:49   #6
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
If you get the tariffs for vm customers you can only take a 24 month contract.
I know, but what I mean is that VM customers should be able to take the 12 month contract tariffs if they so choose on the understanding it's a 'standard' one
Old 13-10-2011, 22:55   #7
greyfox1974
Inactive

Quote:
I know, but what I mean is that VM customers should be able to take the 12 month contract tariffs if they so choose on the understanding it's a 'standard' one

i knows what your sayin the girl who wasnt from a uk call cent told me they dont do that phone on a 12 month so she offered me a crap blackberry 8520 on a 12month deal but i looked up on virgin media costumer deals they do a 12 n a 24 month plan but she wasnt having any of it
Old 13-10-2011, 23:08   #8
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
They can't though if they want the discounted tariffs. If they want the standard 12 month ones then I am sure they can if they want. Just dont mention being a vm customer.
Old 13-10-2011, 23:12   #9
greyfox1974
Inactive

Quote:
They can't though if they want the discounted tariffs. If they want the standard 12 month ones then I am sure they can if they want. Just dont mention being a vm customer.
yea n u pay a £179 for the handset lol they are just ripping you off on the price of the handset
Old 13-10-2011, 23:14   #10
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

It's only a rip off if it's not made clear up front as to the costs, so you can make the choice as to what you want to do
Old 13-10-2011, 23:24   #11
greyfox1974
Inactive

Quote:
It's only a rip off if it's not made clear up front as to the costs, so you can make the choice as to what you want to do
yea it's a 179 on the normal monthly deals on a 12 month but if u look up virgin media deals they is no price showing for the handset just the monthly cost link 1 is for virgin media deals link 2 is for normal virgin costumers if you can find a price 4 a handset on the virgin media deals let me knows lol

http://shop.virginmedia.com/existing...hly-offer.html

http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/viewH...ringId=7480268
Old 13-10-2011, 23:41   #12
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyfox1974 View Post
yea it's a 179 on the normal monthly deals on a 12 month but if u look up virgin media deals they is no price showing for the handset just the monthly cost link 1 is for virgin media deals link 2 is for normal virgin costumers if you can find a price 4 a handset on the virgin media deals let me knows lol

http://shop.virginmedia.com/existing...hly-offer.html
You need to click 'Yes I'm a Virgin Media' customer and then 'Choose Phone' which will take you to the Media offers part of the Mobile website

Also on the link you've posted it does give the handset price for those offers it highlights e.g. for the Neo (in bold as well)

Quote:
Free on our £15.99 tariff - only for Virgin Media customers
---------- Post added at 23:41 ---------- Previous post was at 23:35 ----------

Quote:
not any more normal virgin costumers can get upto 2.5gb and the mins n txts they are given you just now for the money aint great
The equivalent tariffs give you double the texts and web e.g for the Neo on a 24 month contract:

Normal customer:
Virgin £20.99
Handset Price £179.99
Your tariff gives you:
75 minutes
125 texts
2.5GB Mobile Web

Media Customer:
Virgin Media £20.99
Handset Price FREE
Your tariff gives you:
3000 minutes to other Virgin mobiles
100 minutes
500 texts
5GB Mobile Web
Old 13-10-2011, 23:42   #13
greyfox1974
Inactive

Quote:
You need to click 'Yes I'm a Virgin Media' customer and then 'Choose Phone' which will take you to the Media offers part of the Mobile website

Also on the link you've posted it does give the handset price for those offers it highlights e.g. for the Neo (in bold as well)
but the point i am makin is it should be on a 12 month deal like it is on for normal costumers
Old 14-10-2011, 00:24   #14
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
but the point i am makin is it should be on a 12 month deal like it is on for normal costumers
The tariffs will be structured based on whether it is profitable for Virgin to offer the handsets on those tariffs.

Same as every other company does
Old 14-10-2011, 00:40   #15
greyfox1974
Inactive

Quote:
The tariffs will be structured based on whether it is profitable for Virgin to offer the handsets on those tariffs.

Same as every other company does

well they do for normal costumers but not for virgin media and with that new eu law that came into force where all mobile companys have to do a 12 month deal