Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Azurewave wireless router

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

motorola router

Old 01-07-2010, 02:46   #1
rtrg
Inactive

rtrg is an unknown quantity at this point
motorola router

Can someone tell me how to find my current router in order to uninstall it/ It is NOT listed in add/remove, all programs or any folder. A search revealed nothing. I need to remove it so I can install another router in its place. The tower cannot support two routers at the same time. Thank you.
rtrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2010, 07:50   #2
Dai
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Dai
Re: motorola router

Usually there is nothing to un-install. A router swap is as simple as unplugging the old one and replacing with the new.
Sometimes the router manufacturer offers router management software. That's the only thing you may need to uninstall.

Make sure that when you replace the router you power off everything including the cable modem. The restart should be stepped. First cable modem and wait for the lights to settle, then router and finally PC.
Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 15:31   #3
rtrg
Inactive

rtrg is an unknown quantity at this point

That is what I thought. I should mention that I installed it from the cd. The next one will be from the WIZARD from a third party site, The issue is that NONE of the other routers with cds will install They all give me error messeges. And yes I tried installing with the host tower connected directly to the modem as the cd instructs, then introducing the router and its connection. No install. I tried to address the routers IP address. Will not connect using any of my four browsers. They all use different IP address. At this point only the MOTO will work. The RED lite issue seems to have gone away, so far. DELL cannot present me with the WIZARD for the 2350 router, the SERVICE TAG is being rejected. I cannot get past that page. So many issues with no solution, at least none I can see. So for now the other routers are useless unless I install one on another tower which I do not need to do. This is the best perfoming tower of my bunch, as ancient as it is. No changes for now. Is there any difference in installing a router from a cd versus a WIZARD from the publisher or a third party site. The 2350 WIZARD was very hard to find. It goes through the entire process as it should with an error messege at the end with no further info. Computer displayed messeges of all kinds are always incomplete, never any repair or work arounds suggested. What a drag.
rtrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 17:15   #4
Dai
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Dai

You should not need to install *any* software to use the router assuming you are connecting via a network port (as opposed to the ancient USB connection)

Try my connection routine as suggested before. Once that is done open a CMD window (Start/Run/CMD). At the prompt enter 'ipconfig' without quotes.
Let me know what it shows as the values for IP address and default gateway.
Dai is offline   Reply With Quote