Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky's Footballs rights (EPL)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Which rumoured future feature are you looking forward to most ?
View Poll Results: Which rumoured feature interests you most
Shared Planner (multiroom streaming) 6 50.00%
iPad companion apps 7 58.33%
Ability to download Sky+ recordings to mobile devices. 5 41.67%
BBC Iplayer , ITV Player 7 58.33%
New EPG 7 58.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2012, 09:33   #1
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Which rumoured future feature are you looking forward to most ?

With the many rumoured features coming soon from Sky which interests you most ?
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-06-2012, 09:38   #2
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
Re: Which rumoured future feature are you looking forward to most ?

Mutil room sharing
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:40   #3
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Its hard to chose between multiroom streaming, the planner access via Sky+ app or downloading recorded shows from planner to Ipad.

I guess downloading shows would make the biggest difference to me.
LexDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:44   #4
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

bbc i player

i know i'm being pedantic but we already have itv player
Old 05-06-2012, 09:47   #5
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
bbc i player

i know i'm being pedantic but we already have itv player
Indeed we do , however we don't have itv player catchup , it's just archived content.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:50   #6
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Indeed we do , however we don't have itv player catchup , it's just archived content.
good point
Old 05-06-2012, 10:08   #7
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexDiamond View Post
Its hard to chose between multiroom streaming, the planner access via Sky+ app or downloading recorded shows from planner to Ipad.

I guess downloading shows would make the biggest difference to me.
I agree with multiroom planner sharing however being the owner of an iPad I'm also looking forward to the iPad companion app bringing some more features such as the ability to use as a remote control , access your planner without disturbing what's on TV , plus I'm sure there'll be many other advanced features it's capable of
Old 05-06-2012, 10:17   #8
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

The third tuner looks good.... Oops
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:20   #9
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
LOL you little tinker

I've got to be honest though and say I've never missed it , shows are repeated that many times , plus having multiroom helps. For obvious reasons more tuners will always be preferable however for me content is king.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:22   #10
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
you joker you
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:29   #11
martyh

Quote:
LOL you little tinker

I've got to be honest though and say I've never missed it , shows are repeated that many times , plus having multiroom helps.
I must admit when i left VM last year and went to sky (not through choice) i hated the Sky STB and complained bitterly about the lack of comparible tuners to VM's STB's ,BUT over the year with the addition of on demand content it hasn't been that much of a problem
Old 05-06-2012, 10:29   #12
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
By the time the third one arrives we might well have the six tuner one on our hands.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:32   #13
martyh

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
By the time the third one arrives we might well have the six tuner one on our hands.
If it ever did arrive existing sky users would have to fork out a couple of hundred quid to buy it
Old 05-06-2012, 10:43   #14
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
I must admit when i left VM last year and went to sky (not through choice) i hated the Sky STB and complained bitterly about the lack of comparible tuners to VM's STB's ,BUT over the year with the addition of on demand content it hasn't been that much of a problem
With 4seven , Iplayer and ITV player arriving it will become even more easier.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:48   #15
martyh

Quote:
With 4seven , Iplayer and ITV player arriving it will become even more easier.
Indeed it will and that's why i don't think Sky will ever upgrade the box with more tuners,they simply won't be needed