Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM Sim No. to VM Monthly Phone

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Pig ignorance, lovely.

Old 13-09-2012, 19:35   #1
snazzy
Inactive

Services: BB/TV/Phone
snazzy is on a distinguished roadsnazzy is on a distinguished road
Pig ignorance, lovely.

Just got a call from some creature saying it was from Virgin trying to save me money on my phone. Firstly, English may be a better language to communicate with me if they ever try again. Secondly hanging up because I say that I'm not really interested is not the way to go. At least say, thank you for your time, goodbye. Is that what it's like now at Virgin? Ignorant trash cold calling people with no manners?
snazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-09-2012, 19:40   #2
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
Re: Pig ignorance, lovely.

I doubt you were specifically selected for your lack of manners.
Old 13-09-2012, 19:42   #3
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by snazzy View Post
Just got a call from some creature saying it was from Virgin trying to save me money on my phone. Firstly, English may be a better language to communicate with me if they ever try again. Secondly hanging up because I say that I'm not really interested is not the way to go. At least say, thank you for your time, goodbye. Is that what it's like now at Virgin? Ignorant trash cold calling people with no manners?
It may not have actually been a virgin rep you know ,or even acting on behalf of virgin
Old 13-09-2012, 19:54   #4
snazzy
Inactive

Well, when they ask how to pronounce your name and then ask for letters from your password I kinda go on the defensive anyway. I couldn't believe she cut me dead because I said I wasn't really interested.

Next time I'll do what I do with 99% of cold callers. Hang up after about three words from them.
Old 13-09-2012, 20:01   #5
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by snazzy View Post
Well, when they ask how to pronounce your name and then ask for letters from your password I kinda go on the defensive anyway. I couldn't believe she cut me dead because I said I wasn't really interested.

Next time I'll do what I do with 99% of cold callers. Hang up after about three words from them.
I ask them why they need to know my name and why i need to pass security ,after all they called me
Old 13-09-2012, 20:29   #6
snazzy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
I ask them why they need to know my name and why i need to pass security ,after all they called me
Correct.... I don't think they understand that though.
Old 13-09-2012, 20:35   #7
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

i got a call yesterday. the lady was professional even though she knew i wasnt interested. before saying bye she said on her own accord that she had logged i wasnt interested on my account. i didnt really think of scammers, ill call in tomorrow to ask whether it was VM that called me.

by the way saying i'm able to get a decent deal for being loyal to VM then stating deals that are on the VM site isnt exactly rewarding loyalty unless of course the phonecall was my gift.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2012, 20:36   #8
martyh

Would you adam and eve it ,i am sitting here watching top gear on dave and perusing forum heaven that is CF and bt call me asking for my name ,my security password the colour of my poo just to see if i want any other services ,surely if i did i would phone them
Old 13-09-2012, 21:02   #9
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Would you adam and eve it ,i am sitting here watching top gear on dave and perusing forum heaven that is CF and bt call me asking for my name ,my security password the colour of my poo just to see if i want any other services ,surely if i did i would phone them
Don' keep us in suspense, what WAS the colour of your poo?

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2012, 21:06   #10
martyh

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
Don' keep us in suspense, what WAS the colour of your poo?
green with a hint of red ........or is that my password ....i can never remember
Old 13-09-2012, 21:12   #11
Gadgie
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Phone, 10Meg Internet & TV & phone package.
Gadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Gadgie

Quote...." Ignorant trash cold calling people with no manners? "

Aye! its even worse when they come to your door, as that's eye to eye contact, which is different.

So when they come to try and get me to move Gas/Electric companies over to them, I always say,....... "Thanks for asking but we are perfectly happy with our present supplier"

That seems to work better than slamming the door in their face, but you have to say it before they get the chance to give their sales speech.
Gadgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 07:56   #12
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgie View Post
Quote...." Ignorant trash cold calling people with no manners? "

Aye! its even worse when they come to your door, as that's eye to eye contact, which is different.

So when they come to try and get me to move Gas/Electric companies over to them, I always say,....... "Thanks for asking but we are perfectly happy with our present supplier"

That seems to work better than slamming the door in their face, but you have to say it before they get the chance to give their sales speech.
Must admit I do enjoy using the "Well, I'm on bail for attempted murder and until I've completed my anger management classes I'm not really meant to talk to strangers...... But do come in"

Works a treat

Cheers

Grim
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote