Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Reboots

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Disconnections?

Old 13-06-2023, 14:21   #1
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice
Disconnections?

I upgraded to 1Gb a while ago and am very happy with it
We have various Alexa devices, my wife and I both work from home and I run my V6 box through my X-Box One.

Recently my wife mentioned that when I log on to work in the morning the Alexas disconnect. She has also noticed that when I turn the TV (through the Xbox one) off her work connection drops.

The connections come straight back so it’s not the end of the world, but I wondered if anyone knew what was causing it and if there is a fix.

Before I upgraded I had my own router but now just use the new Hub as it seems quite capable.

Many thanks
bbxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-06-2023, 14:29   #2
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: Disconnections?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbxxl View Post
I upgraded to 1Gb a while ago and am very happy with it
We have various Alexa devices, my wife and I both work from home and I run my V6 box through my X-Box One.

Recently my wife mentioned that when I log on to work in the morning the Alexas disconnect. She has also noticed that when I turn the TV (through the Xbox one) off her work connection drops.

The connections come straight back so it’s not the end of the world, but I wondered if anyone knew what was causing it and if there is a fix.

Before I upgraded I had my own router but now just use the new Hub as it seems quite capable.

Many thanks
What you have posted seems to show the capabilities of the new hub are not as capable. You'll only find out if you connect your router again and see if the problems disappear.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2023, 15:43   #3
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice

Thanks, I’m not sure it’s worth the effort to fix a minor inconvenience. I might try one day but, apart from that, I am very happy with the new hub.
Old 01-07-2023, 19:50   #4
philwhite100
This tastes nice

Services: TiVo V6 - 500mb -
philwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to philwhite100

We also recently upgraded to the 1gb service and VM sent us a new router. Ever since this we get a loss of speed until i reset the router. About twice a week on average. Speedtest dot net shows about 250 down then after a reset its back up to about 980 down.
Old 01-07-2023, 20:05   #5
bbxxl
cf.addict

My speed never drops, always full speed, just my connection on WiFi momentarily drops when I connect to the VPN for work, no issues with speed.