Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Trump’s Troubles

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Trump’s Troubles

Old 28-06-2024, 18:57   #751
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Trump’s Troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I don’t need to think a) or b) to think the introduction of a new unforeseen factor (a Democrat not selected in the primary process getting the nomination for a reason other than death) combined with prosecutions that could be perceived to be political (and Trump will be adamant it is the case) are bad optics or that Trump won’t link the two to his electoral advantage.

I’m not going to call out a single case - it’s entirely subjective in any case and not relevant to my overarching point. Trump’s role in each is disputed. Despite all this he’s the Republican nominee and either ahead or within the margin of error in almost every poll.

He may well be guilty of all he accused of and every prosecution led by an honest, impartial public servants. That doesn’t matter if his claims to the contrary resonate more against a Democratic party ever increasingly desperate. If ~50% of the country can be convinced, 52% absolutely can too. The politicisation of the justice system allows him to muddy the waters.
Word salad…

If he says often enough that the Justice System is politicised, and repeated ad nauseam by people like you (who wants Trump in to ensure the end of funding for Ukraine), and who can’t/won’t engage in specifics because generalised complaints are much easier to defend/ignore comments on, whereas specifics can be rebutted…

---------- Post added at 18:57 ---------- Previous post was at 18:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Because, I Believe, they were ultimately politically motivated.

As I said, Trump was always going to run again. He believed the presidency was stolen from him, and he wants his second term.

I firmly believe that if Trump, after he lost. (and although there were questionable things that went on, he did lose) had said publicly that he had no intention to run again whatsoever……….none of those prosecutions happen.
Two of the cases were results of Grand Juries agreeing there were cases to prosecute….

I actually believe he is running to avoid prosecution, rather than him being prosecuted because he is running…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-06-2024, 19:14   #752
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Word salad…

If he says often enough that the Justice System is politicised, and repeated ad nauseam by people like you (who wants Trump in to ensure the end of funding for Ukraine), and who can’t/won’t engage in specifics because generalised complaints are much easier to defend/ignore comments on, whereas specifics can be rebutted…
That's funny Hugh because every American Presidential election in my lifetime has been fought asking the types of Supreme Court justice that'd be appointed. That abortion rights, segregation, medical care are all up for grabs in a courtroom.

There's no need to be specific because you'd bog down the thread in sentence by sentence excruciating analysis as if that matters to MAGA Republicans. Trump is guilty in your head and I'll never change that (tbh, I've no want or need to).

Ukraine will get let down whoever takes the chair although slower and with a lot better PR than if Trump pulls the plug. I think I've said in this thread it's no skin off my nose if Trump goes to jail and I maintain that view.

---------- Post added at 19:09 ---------- Previous post was at 19:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I actually believe he is running to avoid prosecution, rather than him being prosecuted because he is running…
They're not mutually exclusive positions.

---------- Post added at 19:14 ---------- Previous post was at 19:09 ----------

Quote:
Because, I Believe, they were ultimately politically motivated.

As I said, Trump was always going to run again. He believed the presidency was stolen from him, and he wants his second term.

I firmly believe that if Trump, after he lost. (and although there were questionable things that went on, he did lose) had said publicly that he had no intention to run again whatsoever……….none of those prosecutions happen.
I know you're not an American voter but would you change your mind if people who wanted him to lose, or off the ballot altogether, kept telling you that you are wrong?
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2024, 19:26   #753
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I know you're not an American voter but would you change your mind if people who wanted him to lose, or off the ballot altogether, kept telling you that you are wrong?
No, because I have my own two eyes and a brain.

I know what I see. If Trump had lost graciously, congratulated Biden, had a big “I’m retiring from politic” party, and rode off to into the sunset.

None of those prosecutions happen.

And if you try and tell me they would, then I’m calling you an idiot to believe it or think I would believe it. ( not you personally obvs)
Old 28-06-2024, 19:58   #754
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
No, because I have my own two eyes and a brain.

I know what I see. If Trump had lost graciously, congratulated Biden, had a big “I’m retiring from politic” party, and rode off to into the sunset.

None of those prosecutions happen.

And if you try and tell me they would, then I’m calling you an idiot to believe it or think I would believe it. ( not you personally obvs)
This is probably true but it's true of all politicians that reach the highest levels, especially in America. It's probably true of Hunter Biden or Hilary Clinton's e-mails.

A Presidential campaign is a massive x-ray machine. Your opponents investigate every aspect of your life and your history to find something.

They have to find something illegal though. Trump has a much richer history than most politicians given his infamous career. Someone like Obama, who was younger and had a pretty clean career, has very little. The Clinton's on the other hand had constant revelations.

The secret is not being prosecuted for a crime when running for President is not to commit crimes.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote