Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of Virgin Media customer service has been:
Excellent- I've never had any problems with them 250 18.93%
Generally OK 316 23.92%
Hit 'n' Miss - about 50/50 273 20.67%
Poor- they normally mess it up 240 18.17%
Awful - never had a useful phonecall to them 242 18.32%
Voters: 1321. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17-07-2024, 22:00   #466
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
If it gives you a package breakdown that says 1 gig broadband and it makes no reference to Volt upgrades in the text or small print, pretty good?
Not sure as I've not clicked on it yet, will look when I'm ready to upgrade.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-07-2024, 09:34   #467
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Well this morning my V6 box has died (yet again). I booked an engineer online to come out tomorrow. So I call up customer service to make sure everything is okay and they said there's a problem with my superhub. I said no there isn't. I said I've booked an engineer for tomorrow and just want to make sure they have a V6 box on the van to replace it. He said the engineer will reset the box and I said you can't reset the box because the hard drive is dead. So I asked to make sure I get a replacement V6 box.

He said I will need a different engineer for that. They said it'll be £25 for a new box. I said 'nope', not going to happen.

I asked to speak to his supervisor and after a while, the same person came back and said as a goodwill gesture they'll take off the £25 but will add Sky Sports to my package at a charge of £5 extra a month. I said 'nope' again. But he's already gone and done it. I asked him to take it off as I don't want sports.

This went on for about 20 minutes, With myself saying I just want a new box, but he kept saying he'll add sports.

This was the weirdest Virgin customer service call I've had in over 20 years+

So long story short.... An engineer is now booked (again) for tomorrow and I'll see how things go. For some reason I have doubts things will be straight forward.

Last edited by peanut; 18-07-2024 at 09:39.
peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2024, 12:10   #468
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Well this morning my V6 box has died (yet again). I booked an engineer online to come out tomorrow. So I call up customer service to make sure everything is okay and they said there's a problem with my superhub. I said no there isn't. I said I've booked an engineer for tomorrow and just want to make sure they have a V6 box on the van to replace it. He said the engineer will reset the box and I said you can't reset the box because the hard drive is dead. So I asked to make sure I get a replacement V6 box.

He said I will need a different engineer for that. They said it'll be £25 for a new box. I said 'nope', not going to happen.

I asked to speak to his supervisor and after a while, the same person came back and said as a goodwill gesture they'll take off the £25 but will add Sky Sports to my package at a charge of £5 extra a month. I said 'nope' again. But he's already gone and done it. I asked him to take it off as I don't want sports.

This went on for about 20 minutes, With myself saying I just want a new box, but he kept saying he'll add sports.

This was the weirdest Virgin customer service call I've had in over 20 years+

So long story short.... An engineer is now booked (again) for tomorrow and I'll see how things go. For some reason I have doubts things will be straight forward.
Good to see Virgin are keeping their standards up