Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV360 - pro and cons

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV360 - pro and cons

Old Yesterday, 14:23   #16
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: TV360 - pro and cons

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
Usually, just like any other operator

---------- Post added at 19:38 ---------- Previous post was at 19:33 ----------

Another minor issue about changing from Maxit to Mega...
Virgin forums finally confirm that Mega TV customers cannot fast forward through adverts on ITVX. Maxit customers will be able to do this.
Is that not true via smart TV.s ? Fast forward on v6 is one thing that is better than I have found anywhere
Old Yesterday, 16:00   #17
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Is that not true via smart TV.s ? Fast forward on v6 is one thing that is better than I have found anywhere
I understand that you have to go premium itvx to get FF. Maxit customers had this feature free. To be fair there's little we watch on it anyway lol
Old Yesterday, 16:43   #18
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Maxit Sports & Movies, 250Mb broadband, Talk Anytime.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
I understand that you have to go premium itvx to get FF. Maxit customers had this feature free. To be fair there's little we watch on it anyway lol
It was a nice bonus while it lasted, but is one of the many reasons why "record record record" is the way to go whenever possible.

Keeping to the thread topic though, converting to TV360 shouldn't normally need a re-contract period. Many sales agents will encourage the migration at the same time as re-contracting, but it remains a separate transaction to any package alteration.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 17:34   #19
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Usually, just like any other operator

---------- Post added at 19:38 ---------- Previous post was at 19:33 ----------

Another minor issue about changing from Maxit to Mega...
Virgin forums finally confirm that Mega TV customers cannot fast forward through adverts on ITVX. Maxit customers will be able to do this.
Fun fact: when the subscription pack code that eventually became Mega was being set up in the background, it included the "ITV Tier" service which allowed FF through adverts on ITVX. The Mega pack code was removed from "ITV Tier" on 30/08/2023, the day before the new bundles were officially launched. Presumably, for Virgin TV, Mega means less.
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:39   #20
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Think you mean 'downgrade'.
No, it’s definitely an upgrade. What many cannot seem to accept on here is that different boxes have different features and that new technology simply means you do things differently.

A common complaint is that the 360 does not have an undelete facility, but I have to question how important that really is now. I think this feature is only available on boxes using TiVo technology - as far as I know, it doesn’t appear on any other boxes.

But how important is the undelete feature nowadays anyway? On the rare occasions when I have accidentally deleted something, I have resurrected the programme through the ‘add to watchlist’ feature, which draws programmes from the on demand system. Pretty well everything is on there now if it was previously shown on live TV.

A lot of the early problems with the 360 have been resolved now, and it’s pretty decent, in my view. I particularly like the profiles feature. I have a shared profile for all the programmes my wife and I watch together, as well as a separate one just for me and another for my wife. It makes things much easier for us both, in that we no longer have to flog through a huge long list when selecting our programmes.

It is true that you have to select Netflix programmes by going into the app itself rather than by linking them into your bookmarked programmes on the 360, but that was a Netflix decision, and unless they change their minds about that, all new boxes will be similarly restricted.
Old Today, 13:50   #21
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
No, it’s definitely an upgrade. What many cannot seem to accept on here is that different boxes have different features and that new technology simply means you do things differently.
Actually it doesn't mean people have to do things differently at all, they have a choice, which may not be the same as yours.
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 14:00   #22
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

A common complaint is that the 360 does not have an undelete facility, but I have to question how important that really is now. I think this feature is only available on boxes using TiVo technology - as far as I know, it doesn’t appear on any other boxes.

But how important is the undelete feature nowadays anyway? On the rare occasions when I have accidentally deleted something, I have resurrected the programme through the ‘add to watchlist’ feature, which draws programmes from the on demand system. Pretty well everything is on there now if it was previously shown on live TV.

A lot of the early problems with the 360 have been resolved now, and it’s pretty decent, in my view. I particularly like the profiles feature. I have a shared profile for all the programmes my wife and I watch together, as well as a separate one just for me and another for my wife. It makes things much easier for us both, in that we no longer have to flog through a huge long list when selecting our programmes.

It is true that you have to select Netflix programmes by going into the app itself rather than by linking them into your bookmarked programmes on the 360, but that was a Netflix decision, and unless they change their minds about that, all new boxes will be similarly restricted.
I would call it a sideways move . Always go to Netflix via app . Never used the v6 listing
Old Today, 14:20   #23
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
Actually it doesn't mean people have to do things differently at all, they have a choice, which may not be the same as yours.
They do have the choice for now. When the channels go IPTV only, that will change.