Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Android phone help

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Android phone help

Old 23-06-2024, 18:41   #1
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Android phone help

Don't know how I found it ! Lord knows how I managed to open app update , on my oppo android phone . As 34 apps needed updating I guess it was long overdue. Would really like know how to find it again simple answers if you can please
Old 23-06-2024, 18:54   #2
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Android phone help

Google Play Store, do a search for that on the phone.

The icon looks like this but go to that app on your device and then in top right hand corner you will find 'manage apps and device' and you can update from there.

https://www.google.com/search?q=goog...client=gws-wiz

Last edited by SnoopZ; 23-06-2024 at 18:58.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2024, 18:56   #3
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Mine opens a message about available updates as soon as I switch it on.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2024, 20:15   #4
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Mine opens a message about available updates as soon as I switch it on.
Never had that, it's 3.5 years old planning to get new one later this year.

---------- Post added at 20:15 ---------- Previous post was at 20:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Google Play Store, do a search for that on the phone.

The icon looks like this but go to that app on your device and then in top right hand corner you will find 'manage apps and device' and you can update from there.

https://www.google.com/search?q=goog...client=gws-wiz
Find, know were that is,can't say I recall ever looking at it. Guess that's what i did. Will keep an eye on it thank you both
Old 23-06-2024, 20:34   #5
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Turn on Auto-update apps in Play Store
Launch the Google Play Store app, and then tap the Profile icon at the top right.
Select Settings.
Select Network preferences, and then tap Auto-update apps.
Select your desired setting, and then tap DONE.

Mine is set to only update in wifi connections as it does not have a SIM card.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2024, 20:54   #6
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post

Find, know were that is,can't say I recall ever looking at it. Guess that's what i did. Will keep an eye on it thank you both
Swipe up on the phone this may show you loads of icons on the screen, there maybe a search box, type 'Play' in there and you should find the play store.

Your phone maybe different to my Samsung but the functionality should be similar and you must have used the play store in the past to install your apps.
Old 23-06-2024, 23:06   #7
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:

If you have ever installed apps then you will have used it.
Old 24-06-2024, 14:28   #8
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
If you have ever installed apps then you will have used it.
My granddaughter set it up for me was told at the time to leave it alone never have any reason to mess with it !

---------- Post added at 14:28 ---------- Previous post was at 14:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Turn on Auto-update apps in Play Store
Launch the Google Play Store app, and then tap the Profile icon at the top right.
Select Settings.
Select Network preferences, and then tap Auto-update apps.
Select your desired setting, and then tap DONE.

Mine is set to only update in wifi connections as it does not have a SIM card.
Not keen on anything auto
Old 24-06-2024, 20:37   #9
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
My granddaughter set it up for me was told at the time to leave it alone never have any reason to mess with it !

---------- Post added at 14:28 ---------- Previous post was at 14:27 ----------

Not keen on anything auto
Did you try as I suggested in my last post it's really quick and easy?
Old 25-06-2024, 15:33   #10
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Did you try as I suggested in my last post it's really quick and easy?
Sorry being really stupid , what for I upgraded all the apps just didn't know how I did it looking to change to Samsung A24 or A 54 think I have the correct numbers seems to be about £200 difference . For a old fool like me is there really that much difference , use it for calls, texts, messenger loyalty cards and taxi app . Can't remember when I used camera. Guessing dearer one is not worth it, but who knows
Old 25-06-2024, 17:37   #11
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Sorry being really stupid , what for I upgraded all the apps just didn't know how I did it looking to change to Samsung A24 or A 54 think I have the correct numbers seems to be about £200 difference . For a old fool like me is there really that much difference , use it for calls, texts, messenger loyalty cards and taxi app . Can't remember when I used camera. Guessing dearer one is not worth it, but who knows
I wouldn't bother upgrading the phone as you won't gain anything meaningful, you will just give yourself a headache seeing you can't figure out how to find the play store which is a single swipe up the screen like I said.
Old 25-06-2024, 17:53   #12
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
I wouldn't bother upgrading the phone as you won't gain anything meaningful, you will just give yourself a headache seeing you can't figure out how to find the play store which is a single swipe up the screen like I said.
I repeat I know how to find playstore as I say I have never bothered with it. the one I have is starting to cause problems, ie touch screen is failing, not ringing at all ( sometimes) screen scratched and rumours that oppo is pulling out of Europe. Know that I can copy over all my apps so that shouldn't be a problem
Old 25-06-2024, 20:26   #13
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
I repeat I know how to find playstore as I say I have never bothered with it. the one I have is starting to cause problems, ie touch screen is failing, not ringing at all ( sometimes) screen scratched and rumours that oppo is pulling out of Europe. Know that I can copy over all my apps so that shouldn't be a problem
Sorry I can't find where you typed you found the play store but I am glad you did, if your phone is causing you trouble then maybe it is time for an upgrade then.