View Single Post
Old 07-01-2023, 17:38   #60
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: E10 petrol - the pitfalls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
He gave up and moved to all-electric tools and a small generator.

A garage killed my 27-year-old Skoda, no parts available, so I was about to scrap it, but got an enquiry from a guy in Poland. He sent a mechanic to do a thorough inspection, then offered me £750. It was in my bank minutes later, and the car was taken away the next day.

So now I have moved on to an E10-compatible 2019 Dacia Logan MCV. It's got a titchy engine, so won't really benefit from E5 Premium. The tank is HDPE, so the rust problem is moot, but the low mileage I do throws up the problem of phase separation: keep the tank close to full to reduce the amount of humid air it is exposed to, but have to lug that extra weight around (it's got a 50 litre tank); or keep the tank almost empty, causing more humid air to be in contract with it.

I've been trawling the internet about the additives available in the UK, but none seem to have proper science behind them.
You may as well just buy E5 fuel then you won't have all that faffing around.