Thread: General Cable exclusive channels
View Single Post
Old 28-09-2023, 16:50   #21
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Cable exclusive channels

Thinking back, I remember that my local cable company (Bell Cambemedia) had JCN and I never understood at the time why an American channel called Jones Computer Network was on Bell Cablemedia until I recently found out that Bell was originally Jones Cable before Bell was formed as the first merger which later saw it become Cable & Wireless, ntl and finally Virgin Media.

I also remember that it was replaced by a channel called Knowledge TV which I think was also a cable exclusive.

And also I remember that The Landscape Channel was a 24/7 channel on cable and that channels with limited hours on satellite had full hours only on cable. These included Sci-Fi, Country Music Television and European Business News (which merged with CNBC) and also the UKTV channels launched in 1997 also were only full time on cable as on satellite, only one transponder was available and each channel was on air at various times of the day. they shared
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote