View Single Post
Old 04-02-2024, 21:53   #2215
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
A show being dropped because it’s cancelled is one thing, moving to another network less common. But owning the rights and not broadcasting it to save on royalties is completely wild.

It also raises significant competition concerns if these services are buying up content, not using it, simply to prevent an alternative streamer picking the rights up. Another area I’m sure the competition regulators in the US and EU will take note of. The UK regulators, are rule-takers in the global market - will no doubt sheepishly concur once one of the big boys act.
This is not the first time Paramount+ have had a mass cull of content in their short lifespan, if I hadn't secured a deal to get their service for less than £3 a month I wouldn't still be a customer of theirs!
This streaming future is rapidly becoming worse than the old ways of paying for channels you don't want to get the ones you do want!
buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote