View Single Post
Old 15-11-2020, 13:06   #8
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: £3000 spent and Virgin can't connect me

The VM surveyor should have known about the 200m rule. So anything you've got in writing will help your case enormously.

The problem is that the nearest green cabinet (assuming it to be coax not fibre) isn't powered other than by a 60V supply (I think) powered from a launch cabinet not too much further away. That's what's driving the signal down the coax. Now that they're using 700+ MHz in the downstream, that quickly gets attenuated over distance.

VM have a duty to compensate you or go the extra mile to make it work. Making it work would be complicated as they won't find it easy to bring mains power to your nearest cabinet so that they can provide an additional launch facility which would then require another 60V cabinet by your house. Something like that.

Nor would it be easy to give you a fibre link to the nearest active node (also not very far away). It would be easy to pull right to your house but the connection into their network would not be straightforward.

I'm ready to stand corrected by the VM bods who are members of CF.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote