View Single Post
Old 22-08-2020, 21:48   #1396
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
The BBC expects its news bulletins to be shifted to VOD within 10 years.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...-goes-digital/

The BBC’s News at Six and News at 10 bulletins will soon be obsolete as coverage moves online, the corporation’s head of news has said.

Within a decade, news will be in “the digital space” and the BBC’s output will be consumed via iPlayer, said Fran Unsworth.
Strange - the BBC put it differently...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53846414
Quote:
BBC News boss Fran Unsworth says some TV bulletins may disappear

The BBC's head of news has said the number of traditional TV bulletins may be cut over the next decade as more people watch news online.

Fran Unsworth told The Daily Telegraph she thought there might only be one bulletin a day.

Asked whether the News at Ten might survive but not the News at Six, Ms Unsworth replied: "Possibly, or maybe the other way round."...

..."There might be one [bulletin] a day, or something. I think there'll be fewer of them. But I think that the power of how you tell stories through television, pictures, video will just be in a different space.

"It'll be in the digital space, it'll be on, you know, iPlayer. It'll be on your tablet, your iPhone.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.