View Single Post
Old 14-11-2020, 14:31   #1
bluebaron
cf.member

bluebaron is a glorious beacon of lightbluebaron is a glorious beacon of lightbluebaron is a glorious beacon of lightbluebaron is a glorious beacon of lightbluebaron is a glorious beacon of lightbluebaron is a glorious beacon of lightbluebaron is a glorious beacon of light
£3000 spent and Virgin can't connect me

Hi all,

i'm new to the forum and looking for some advice.

A few months ago I looked at upgrading my Broadband and settled on Virgin Media who have a box about 300m from my front door. However i'm set back on a private road by 150m. They told me if I dug up the lane and installed ducting for cabling to the end on the private road they would connect me up.

I signed up and they supplied me with 600m cable roll and I dug up the road laid the ducting and placed 300m of cable in the duct ready for them to connect to the Box.

Today they came out to connect it, having done so the engineer informed me that 300m is too far to reach from a box and that the signal it not strong enough at the House end for service. (max is about 200m).

Hence i'm now out £3000 (cost of digging up and tarmacing lane).which I never would have laid out if connection wouldn't be possible.

Do I have any recourse with Virgin Media who did the site survey for reimbursement?

Any had this happen before?

Thanks

BB
bluebaron is offline   Reply With Quote