View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 15:02   #1
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Freeview Multiplex closure

Looks like COM7, COM8 or both are closing. The following page from the Freeview website doesn't specify.

Quote:
Important channel broadcast changes
From 22 June 2020 changes are being made to the way some channels are currently broadcast.

Following a decision by Ofcom to make more bandwidth available for mobile data, and after discussions with channels impacted, the transmitter operator Arqiva has chosen to stop transmitting services on some specific airwaves.

Unfortunately, this means some +1 and HD TV services will be closing. Given the nature of these channels, Freeview viewers won’t lose access to any specific content, and can continue watching main channels and access HD content via on demand services such as All4 and My5 via Freeview Play.
Source: https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/22-j...adcast-changes

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:41 ----------

Explains the channel news I put on another Freeview thread. This post specifically.
https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...9#post36039249

---------- Post added at 15:02 ---------- Previous post was at 14:49 ----------

There's more on that Freeview announcement page. Either I didn't scroll enough or it's been added.

ADDED Looks like just one of the Temp Multiplexes is closing.

The following channels will cease broadcasting from Monday 22 June 2020:

Channel name Channel number

Channel 4+1 HD 109
4Seven HD 110
TJC HD 115
5Star+1 55
5USA+1 56
CBS Reality+1 67
CBS Justice+1 69
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote