View Single Post
Old 25-06-2021, 11:39   #5
smallclone
cf.geek

Services: M tv Broadband 150Mb/s. Superhub 3 V6
smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Network my HDD - help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
The drive won't show up as a network drive on the Netgear router/switch.
Netgear seem to have something called ReadySHARE.
Whether that applies to your model of Netgear router is another matter.
Yeah I don't think it does, but thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:37 ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
If you didn't want to have a full PC running all the time something small like a Raspberry Pi could run a media server and interface the drive to your network
Now then, that's a great idea, I have just the device I think. I should have thought of this.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 11:39 ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Have you read the manuals of the router that has a USB to ascertain what the function of it is?

I would also wonder why the drive is so noisy

Do you have a laptop or a tower? you could always add the drive to that and share it across the network.

Also your wired Network seems really complicated do you use all the lan ports ?
I personally would get rid of most of it in favour of a Mech system ( you can backhaul one to another ) and switches if you need the nics
It's a pretty cheap Seagate expansion drive, so I guess it's noisy because of that. No extra laptop or tower to put it in.

The wired network is complicated yes but it's the only way I can get the devices working that I need. I prefer wired to anything else, just for peace of mind.
smallclone is offline   Reply With Quote