Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
View Single Post
Old 18-08-2022, 23:00   #1044
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
I was not talking about next week but later on when both Warner Media and Discovery old deals are up.
I know but I think there will have been reasons for the CNN removal which, probably, won't be obvious to the general public. The planned streaming service collapsed and that probably increases the chances of it returning eventually.

Quote:
I see that Channel 4 HD is going UK Wide from August 31st on Sky. But still to see any info on them launching on Virgin Media.*

*Channel 4 HD only have a London area HD Channel right now on Virgin Channel 141.
There are actually several regional versions of 4HD on Virgin and have been since the London area changes. As C4 hasn't previously played out the regional HD advertising macro versions, other than London, Virgin has fed the London version into all of its regional 4HD versions. All they need to do is switch the feeds, which should be no more complicated than switching the feeds for various channels after the incident at Red Bee. If Virgin has access to all of the new regional playout feeds, there is no reason why it shouldn't change at the same time as Sky. Unlike Sky, we won't be seeing "tests" as the regional "services" were set up a long time ago. In theory, the feeds could also be switched to the existing BBC B multiplex on Freeview. It might be easier though for Freeview to delay until the changes to fully regionalise BBC B have been completed. That way the correct regions of BBC 1 HD, ITV HD and 4HD could all arrive at the same time. The obvious change on Virgin would be the move to the 104 EPG slot in all regions.