View Single Post
Old 02-02-2005, 00:38   #3
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Automatic restarting routers?

I dunno about specifics but my own router too seems to die and need a manual reboot periodically. This could be the cable STB has triggered something in the router. It could be the STB, or it could be something from outside my house. Whatever the connection dies.

Trial and effort has told me the best reliable reset is cut the power to the router, reboot the STB and repower the router.

I windoze server 2000 can automatically tell the PC to reboot itself so the network keeps alive, and yet M$ are notoriously slagged off, why can't every other simple bit of kit have this automated reset function
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote