View Single Post
Old 25-04-2024, 13:56   #5
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Labour plans to sort-of-not-quite-oh-go-on-then nationalise the railway

I wish they would buy the stock as well but I am pleased with this. It's pretty much happening by default and the franchise system never worked properly. Most other countries didn't privatise their rail networks because there is no real scope for competition, you have a monopoly on the line.

The question is how much additional investment do we get? Will tickets be subsidised?

I would like them to ensure that there is a unified company running it. So you just have 'Great British Rail' branding, website, union flag-inspired train liveries. It would make is easier for tourists as well as given us the sense that it's a public company.

This also means that we can blame the Government for failures rather than have them hide behind private companies.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote