View Single Post
Old 30-03-2009, 11:59   #823
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: Science Fiction, Fantasy, and other Snippets

Well, with luck, they won't mess up any film like they so oviously have the new Star Trek film. But I suspect that's a pretty faint hope.

---------- Post added at 11:59 ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Well, yes, they would have to really, seeing as in the TV version Eloise's life is 'merely suspended', whereas in the book she and the other specimens are dead and on display like a case of butterflies. Far more chilling and sci fi but prolly not what the BBC wanted for Saturday teatime...
I'm not sure why they'd 'have to'. They didn't seem to have any problems with changing the books in other areas to. Adding Black Guards - expanding the whole chateux thing, shortening the time left before the ship arrived that kind of thing.

Still, I guess it was all designed to make it more 'interesting'.

At least they didn't make the prequel - now THAT would have been bad
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote