View Single Post
Old 18-08-2021, 23:15   #12
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Landlines to be axed by 2025

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
So in an emergency and your interweb is down and/or your mobile has no reception/battery, you're stuffed. A separate independent landline might be a lifesaver.
True. However, we live in a remote location so preparedness is second nature - there are multiple USB power banks in our drawers, always fully charged. Having installed 4G home internet I am also intimately acquainted with the quirks and vagaries of the local network cells so I’m confident I can always get a signal, even if it means going outside and walking about 20 metres down the road (for good line of sight to the second-best cell in our locality, should our preferred one go down).

Our BT service relies on nearly 5 miles of pole-mounted cable, so in the sort of storm liable to take out the power, the landline is equally vulnerable.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote