View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 00:27   #624
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Sir Keir’s Kerfuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I think the Blair years were good, I voted for him both times. It was his sycophantic boot licking of GWB boots that defined his legacy.

Brown was the PM nobody asked for or wanted, and was the first example in my memory of the Government really taking the piss with the electorate. We’ll appoint a PM instead of you electing him, and the electorate showed what they thought of that.

The UK electorate always get it right.

In regards to Labours reputation, it was well earned before B&B, the fact the crash happened on their watch, even if not totally their fault, it happened on their watch and that just compounded the narrative.
Agree with you on lot of your points, but it’s relevant that in the last 50 years, the Conservatives have been in power 35 of those, and for 10 of the 15 years years Labour were in power, Labour were fiscally reasonably sound - so the narrative, consistently repeated, only covers 10% of the last 50 years…

If you look at the debt over the last 50 years, Conservative Governments have racked up a lot more of it than Labour - if you want to hold Labour responsible for the debt accrued for the last two years of their reign in the last 50 years, you also have to hold Conservatives responsible for the current debt, as "it happened on their watch"…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 09-05-2021 at 00:53.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote