View Single Post
Old 08-05-2021, 16:03   #622
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Sir Keir’s Kerfuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Until the 2008 Financial Crash, Labour had kept the National Debt as a % of GDP lower than the last three years of the previous Conservative Government.

Not a big fan of Blair/Brown, but facts are facts…

I think the Blair years were good, I voted for him both times. It was his sycophantic boot licking of GWB boots that defined his legacy.

Brown was the PM nobody asked for or wanted, and was the first example in my memory of the Government really taking the piss with the electorate. We’ll appoint a PM instead of you electing him, and the electorate showed what they thought of that.

The UK electorate always get it right.

In regards to Labours reputation, it was well earned before B&B, the fact the crash happened on their watch, even if not totally their fault, it happened on their watch and that just compounded the narrative.