Thread: O2 Migration to O2
View Single Post
Old 16-04-2023, 18:22   #17
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: Migration to O2

This last week, we have been on an Easter break in Virgin 4G not spot, West Cornwall. The service was atrocious, with most locations having no consistently usable signal for anything except texting.

Needless to say there was no hope of using Sainsbury's Android, barcode reading shopping app whilst in store, given that it requires a good 4G connection or access to store wifi.

Does this experience in Cornwall indicate that I haven't been switched over to O2 yet, or is O2 equally as bad in our remote rural areas?

The experience brings to mind the excellent availability of 4G in India. In 2019, wherever we went, there was a strong 4G signal. Even in a remote Rajasthan tiger reserve, miles from any settlement, I was able to quickly upload a photo to Whatsapp using an Indian sim card. Why can't we manage better coverage in the UK? My sister, in rural North Norfolk, has similar difficulties as we had in Cornwall, but with Vodafone. None of our Virgin sims mobile phones can get a reliable signal when we visit my sister.

roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote