View Single Post
Old 23-07-2022, 10:48   #1774
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
We could argue he won on a limited self-depreciation act which after the obvious shock factor jokes is done, there isn't much else left.

He doesn't have to be excluded from society or working if he is not a comedian. If my dream was to be a bikini clad model and influencer, people would right tell me where to poke it as I don't have the body for that. No matter how much I tell them its my dream.

Its a nice story that he became successful but not many people really want to listen to a speak and spell tell jokes slowly.

If I lost the use of my legs tomorrow, I wouldn't insist on being a football player and expect some team to put me on their team virtue signal some quota. We don't do it. Tv and film does.

---------- Post added at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

You may not but many companies do. I know for certain that two companies I have worked for with a large amount of employees do so.

I'm not sure if its still the case but there was some tax relief of help towards wages for companies that employed disabled people.

I know of someone training to be a firefighter and despite not doing well on some of the training, is going to get one of the places based on the fact she is female. Something she was told by someone higher up and it was related to females being under-represented in the field.
You may be confusing ‘targets’ with ‘quotas’…

I have worked at (and been a hiring manager) at a Cable Company, a very large Retail/Customer Services business, a Mobile Phone company, a £3 billion t/o Financial Services company, three Universities, and a major Utility company - none of those had quotas, only targets. What some of them did do was guarantee an interview if the disabled person met the initial selection criteria* (they would be added to the interview list, not replace someone).

The tax relief was to help the companies buy equipment to support disabled employees.

*some companies also do this for ex-Military
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 23-07-2022 at 10:55.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote