View Single Post
Old 24-05-2022, 13:06   #390
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Freeview changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
Oops cheekyangus has beating me to it.

---------- Post added at 19:31 ---------- Previous post was at 19:19 ----------

I think Freeview mean a ADULT Xpanded old slot on COM5.

ADULT Xpanded did only move to COM6 last month when W was launching.

---------- Post added at 19:32 ---------- Previous post was at 19:31 ----------

I feel Pop Player will launch on SDN Mux.
It specifically gives the lower channel number, so I don't think it is, but we'll see.

I agree about Pop Player thing being on SDN, all the other IP Portals and IP services are to my recollection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I assume Horror is more popular than CBS Justice so the company is just swapping the channels over to reflect this.
That was my conclusion too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
Is a owners of POP launching POP Player so they can remove both POP and Tiny POP from Freeview at an later date?
The Pop Player App has been on Freeview for quite some time, possibly since Freeview Play launched, so I don't think this.

The Children's section of the Freeview EPG allows for a mix of broadcast and IP services, all other categories of channel, except Adult, have to be in the IP section.
------
I read something elsewhere were it was suggested that Pop Max becoming Pop Player on 208, rather than being a static information slate with a Red Button prompt to launch the App, or a IP Portal implementation similar to the App, as I had assumed.

And instead it might actually be a linear IP stream of Pop Max, rather than a still information slate, with a Red Button prompt to launch into Pop Player.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote