View Single Post
Old 19-03-2022, 23:12   #316
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Freeview changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
I think Freesports will go after Ideal World Extra slot - if it has stop broadcasting.

---------- Post added at 19:06 ---------- Previous post was at 18:51 ----------

Here is the up to date list of space on Freeview being unused.

24 hours slots:
-Old 5Select slot on COM4
-Old Create and Craft Extra slot on COM4
-Old RT slot on COM6
-Old Ideal World Extra slot on Local Mux

Part time slots:
-Smithsonian Channel slot on COM5 (11pm to 3am only)
-Together TV slot on COM5 (12am to 3am only)
-Ideal World slot on COM6 (12am to 7am only)
-Jewellery Maker/PBS slot on COM5 (5am to 8am only)

All information right as of March 19th.

All following Channels are set to close/or move to other streams on Freeview by June 2022.

SD:

-FreeSports
-Quest Red+1
-Now 80s
-More4+1
-PBS America+1
-That's TV (UK)
-Forces TV

HD:

-Quest HD
-BBC NEWS HD
-BBC FOUR HD
-CBeebies HD

Plus W and Talk TV is set to launch soon on Freeview.

So I think a following may happen (My own views):
-FreeSports will move to Local Mux
-W will launch on COM4 or reuse Drama +1 or Dave Ja Vu slot.
-TalkTV will launch on COM4
-NOW 80s will move to COM6
-Forces TV may move to COM4 if UKTV reuse sister channel (as listed on this post) slot to launch W.

I think That's TV will stay on Freeview but only on Channel 7/8 (Line up is the same as That's TV UK anyway.)

I think it safe to say the following is set to close on Freeview

-Quest Red+1
-More4+1
-PBS America+1
-That's TV (UK)
-Forces TV - may happen up to what UKTV do.
-Quest HD
-BBC NEWS HD
-BBC FOUR HD
-CBeebies HD
I was thinking same re: FreeSports after I learned of Local mux happening today. I think they ceased FreeSat transmission to save the pennies for DTT, hoping some opportunity would present itself. I doubt the Local mux was on their radar, I think it's an opportunity that may have only just presented itself, assuming it's not really technical difficulties (I doubt it is, I just don't think there was an appropriate slate available).

UKTV have a history of replacing +1s with new FTA launches, so W will replace Dave Ja Vu since it's most prominent and its demographic is more likely to use On-demand rather than a +1.

That's TV UK is on one of the Freeview IP portal services I seem to recall, so it will still be available on Smart TVs, not just Local Mux variant.

I'm not sure if Forces TV will make the transition after closure, they may move onto an IP Portal.

I wouldn't be surprised is Now Music took the remainder of the Ideal World slot overnight as it wouldn't suit many channels.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote