View Single Post
Old 12-03-2022, 13:47   #297
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Freeview changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
Look like something is set to happen on Freeview this week.

My Freeview HD TV has no listing for Create and Craft Extra slot on COM4 from Friday.
It was amazing it had any listing as services were closing, anything new using the COM4 stream itself would not be connected to the LCN. Yet Ch95 carried wording that suggest it was showing something even though it wasn't.

Anyhoo! I came here because the EPG guide (NOT the slate) for Ch95 now says Back Soon seemingly 24/7, as both show name and description. Makes me wonder if "new" Create & Craft is trying to keep the LCN for streaming by using a partial free stream. There were rules changes on the minimum daily transmission time for any new service, from 2hrs to 6hrs, so if they are planning on this will they be considered a new service or an existing service reducing hours? If the latter there's several empty slots of <6 hours, otherwise there's ironically only the Ideal World stream where 6 hours exactly is free.

It's not 100% clear if Hochanda plan on going from 3 channels, immediately post acquisition, to 1 channel, as it seems from some of their talk of Craft Extra being temporary on all platforms, or whether the plan is to just close 1 channel and keeping 2.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote