View Single Post
Old 01-03-2022, 20:34   #275
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Freeview changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I was thinking that if Ofcom doesn't ban RT, but that their feed is cut off from Europe because of the EU ban, that they might still lawfully be able to broadcast to the UK from Millbank using locally produced content.

It would be foolish UK staff that would attempt to do this from London though.

If RT was banned by Ofcom, it would have to be removed from all EPG's, but satellite users would still be able to tune it in manually. However, an EU ban would prevent it from being uplinked in the first place.

I've since been told by professional broadcast staff that (for various reasons) it's very unlikely that Millbank has a facility to uplink RT.

If the EU ban results in the loss of the satellite feed and, assuming that this is where Freeview get their feed from it'll go off air in the UK altogether by default.

As we won't have officially banned it, I'm hoping that Putin may allow our journalists to remain in Russia. There again...
The last time Virgin Media and Sky has to remove any Channels was back in early 2017 when OFCOM revokes ARY network UK licences - but ARY was say to be in liquidation when OFCOM done this

https://www.bizasialive.com/ofcom-re...k-uk-licences/
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 01-03-2022 at 20:34.
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote