View Single Post
Old 26-02-2022, 17:48   #263
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Freeview changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
The impression given by some was that 25th was two years from the C&C contract starting, apparently based on when it launched. I can't say I ever looked into it, it felt like 2 years so I never questioned it.

The photo slate on Ch95 changed to a big Back Soon-type message in the evening yesterday, so you've got to wonder what's happening. Some on DS satellite forums were under impression Craft Extra was going to continue, and I saw a tweet from one of the presenters posted yesterday of him and another presenter in front of a Craft Extra logo with a Sky channel number, but I'm not sure what's going on on Freeview, unless Extra is going to continue on one of those late night slots that are empty on some streams, with the intention of providing coverage the rest of the time via IP.

And on the subject of the latter form of delivery, on my TV The Craft Store/new Craft & Create has had 24 hours data before this merger, and doesn't have an off-air slate. I think I read somewhere, probably RXTV, that they would be using IP for out-of-hours provision, so that could explain the 24 hours EPG data. Schedule data for the IP-only channels shows on Freeview TVs, even though they're not connected, it's not too much of a stretch to think that it's likely true for those that mix broadcast and IP too.
DS Forum is reporting that Craft Extra at 10am, 11am and 2pm was broadcasting today on Sky using The Craft Store but "Martin" did reveal on Facebook live yesterday that Craft Extra* will only be broadcasting "for a few weeks"

-To see Facebook live in full: To go "Create & Craft TV" and you will find video posted on Feb. 25th at 10.01 then play video.

*Look The Craft Store is just broadcasting to sell all "end of line stock" at Create and Craft did buy to sell on channel when Ideal World own them.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 26-02-2022 at 18:04.
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote