Old 30-01-2014, 17:30   #223
sweaty
Inactive

Services: SKY/BTBB/BTV
sweaty is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIca View Post
Just make sure every fault caused by Quinn's/Kelly's is reported on the system. Hopefully then they'll get rid of them. Trouble is if no one reports the problems, the company doesn't know which faults are caused by contractors and which aren't.

The other day I saw a Kelly's guy steal a pair going up a pole and another Kelly's guy just go in and fit a microfilter to an extension that was star wired and call it a Managed Install. Absolute joke.

As for some of the things you see in cabinets now, you know it hasn't been done by an Openreach guy as they could well end up fixing it the next day and their colleagues would have it in for them.

Back to Obass, the trouble is a lot of the time the HDFs are in the same room as the MDF so access rights are irrelevant. I'm sorry but Quinn's and Kelly's just should not be in the exchanges. Most of them that I've seen in there haven't got a clue what they are doing.
They shouldn't be working on the network, let alone the exchanges. There will be 'washing lines' between bar pairs and god knows what else before long. Pole teams are ok as they (imho) are generally experienced but leave the rest to bt or don't pay the contractors per job.
sweaty is offline   Reply With Quote